II.XVI

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═CITLALMINA CHAPTER SIXTEEN•THE FIRST DANCE•≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

═ ∘◦ ☼◦∘ ═
CITLALMINA
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
•THE FIRST DANCE•
≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

The goddess's eyes lowered to the ground once he left through the doors. She slumped back against the wall and buried her face in her hands.

"Is something the matter, Miss Reyes?" Jarvis asked her. She sharply sniffed and brought her head up, dark waves of hair cascading down her back.

"It's just that. . ." Elenara scoffed followed by a chuckle. "I thought he was going to stay, but . . Tlaloc doesn't have time to play hero when he has a whole realm to look after." A sad smile washed over her lips and she looked up at the ceiling.

"Do you think I should go back too? To my country?" There was a small moment of silence as the AI collected his thoughts.

"I shouldn't have a say, nor anyone for that matter. You decide where you want to be. Where do you feel the most happiest?"

"I love my city, my people. . " She began to say then bit her bottom lip. "But I can't be in that temple for the rest of my days, just watching the human realm. I did it one lifetime and I won't do it again." Her last life spent hundreds of years just watching the humans from above. He's always wanted to interact with them in person, but the most he could do watch fly as an eagle.

In this life, she lives with them, talks with them; everything that he's always wanted to do.

She's not going back into that temple as much as she misses it.

"I suppose you have your answer." Elenara firmly nodded and pushed herself from the wall.

"Yeah, I'm going to stay here." She announced and smiled. "I have to do all the things my past life didn't get to. I can't take this life for granted." She face palmed and groaned loudly once realization hit her.

"What the hell have I been doing, Jarvis?! Steve's been awake for months and I've just been here doing nothing! Estoy tan pendeja!" Elenara fingers gripped the roots of her hair and tugged.

"I have to go to him!"

"He's in his room, shall I notify him?" Elenara rapidly shook her head and waved her hands.

"Wait, wait, wait!"

"What is it?" He questioned her. Elenara sighed and bit her bottom lip. The skin becoming a bright red and raw.

"I'm nervous." She admitted with an embarrassed blush.

"What happened to not taking this life for granted?" Elenara softly laughed and sighed.

"Right. .You're right." She mustered all the courage she had and marched across the bar.

"Miss Reyes?" Her head perked up at the mention of her name and she faced upwards.