It felt... good. Her heart fluttered at the thought of him.

With a deep inhale, she turned the knob and walked into the building.

Dr. Erskine and Steve were both sitting across from each other as the Doctor gulped down a drink.

"Uh, hello." Both of them turned their heads. Steve met with her eyes and a small smile appeared on his face. Elenara smiled back. Erskine looked at the two and he silently chuckled.

"Hello, Elenara." He stood from his seat and began to walk to the door.

"Oh, I hope I didn't interrupt anything."

"Don't worry, I was already on my way. Have a good night." And with that, he closed the door behind him.

"Hey, Elle." Elena sat down on the bed in front of him.

"Hello there, soldier, " She looked down at her ring and began fumbling with it nervously. "Steve... There's so much that I need to tell you, but even I don't know everything." Elenara breathed out.

"I'm sorry if I scared you. I haven't told anyone about it. I-I just don't know how they'll react. God, it's just crazy. I-" Steve placed his hand on top of hers. The sudden touch stopped her words and she let the blush take over her cheeks.

"Elle, you don't need to apologize to me about that. I understand that there was a reason you didn't tell me. I'm not at all mad at you." Steve said, whispering the last part. Elena felt a wave of relief wash over her entire body. The pressure in her head went away and she felt lighter.

"You're not?" Steve scoffed and shook his head.

"No, not at all. I was just shocked if anything, but I was also amazed. The color your eyes were, they were beautiful." He admitted, staring into her chocolate brown eyes.

"N-not that your usual colored eyes aren't," Steve stuttered. Elena chuckles and felt her cheeks heat up.

"They're beautiful too." His voice lowered into a deeper pitch as he stared at her. Steve's pupils dilated significantly upon laying his eyes on her face.

"You're beautiful." Steve's eyes widened as he accidentally let that sentence slip out of his mouth. Elena's entire face became an even darker shade of red.

"Thank you." She said in a hushed tone.

"If you don't mind," He began. "I'd like to hear what you think is so crazy." Elenara pursed her lips before hesitantly nodding.

≫──────≪•◦ ☼ ◦•≫──────≪

"So, the legend says that the sun god will be reborn and you're that god?" Elena sheepishly nodded.

"You can control fire?" Steve asked in exasperation.

"I know it's crazy."

"What? No, I think that it's amazing. That would explain why you're always so warm." Steve told her excitedly. The goddess smiled in relief. "Can I see the snake too?" He added in curiosity.

Blue-green flames emerged from her fingertips. Steve gasped in fascination. The fire flowed like water around her hand and it trailed up her arm. Closing her fist, the flames quickly dispersed. Then, the blue green serpent peaked its head out of her sleeve, sticking out its pink tongue at Steve.