XVIII. CAVALRY BATTLE CONCLUDES!

Start from the beginning

"Dammit Deku!" Bakugo, without warning, blasted his explosion as he went upwards, towards Todoroki and Midoriya.

As the clock tick its final seconds, the three were in a state of a battle royale, where they're fighting for the ten million. But time will not stand still. At the sound of a buzzer, the Cavalry Battle ended. And Bakugo fell face first on the ground.

"Now, the Cavalry Battle ends here! Team Todoroki got the first place, followed by Team Bakugo, then Team Tetsutetsu– wait what?! In the third place, Team Shinso?!"

Shinso? That guy. He probably brainwashed his teammates. O feel bad about them. And on fourth place. I looked at the screen and saw his name. So in the end, he still managed to advance to the next round.

"And on fourth place, Team Midoriya!"

All the students who qualified for the next round cheered. However, Bakugo doesn't seem too happy that he's on second place despite his pledge to be number one. And he made another rival, unfortunately for him.

"Ugh, we were so close," Ashido said as Yaoyorozu walked towards us.

"Congratulations Mina."

"Wahhh Yao-Momo you did great. Bakugo just asked me to join because I could melt Todoroki's ice." Yaoyorozu chuckled and shook her head.

"You did great Yoru-san. Let's do our best in the next–"

"Of course. You don't need to tell me that." I walked past her, not bothering to spare a glance.

What is wrong with me? It's not like me to get mad at someone without any concrete reason why. Besides, Yaoyoruzu did not do anything. Or perhaps it's the urge to win that set me on edge. We could fight each other for all I know. Yes, that's right. It's not as if I'm jealous or anything.

Suddenly, I stopped dead in my track. Jealousy? What does being jealous even meant? These feelings, I should get rid of this quick before it becomes a hindrance.

The next round will be the last one and we were given the time to eat lunch while they prepare for the last round which will be a one-on-one battle.

I was on the way towards the cafeteria when I saw the familiar backs of two people I know all too well. My parents.

I am in no mood to deal with them right now so I decided to go somewhere else. I'll eat lunch later. Right now, I just wanted to be alone. And seeing my parents kinda irritate me in more ways than one.

Just when I was about to turn left towards the staircase, I heard All Might and Endeavor speaking to each other. The latter doesn't sound too happy speaking to the former. I guess they were of opposite sides of the same coin, after all.

Before any of them see me eavesdropping, I quickly walked away.

I don't know if fate is messing up with me. The notion itself sounds fictional. But of all the person I could come across with, it has to be the King of arrogance.

"What are you do–"

A familiar voice stopped me from speaking.

"Midoriya, are you... All Might's secret love child or something?"

If this was another scenario, I would have laugh sarcastically. The level of Todoroki's humor has surpassed all the higher beings. Did he just ask Midoriya if he was All Might's secret love child?