Chapter 8: Going out

Jace's POV

Shadow had left Jason and me in the living room to go get ready.

"Jay you were right, I'm falling hard for her. I kissed her and I thought I was going to suffocate the moment my lips touched hers. I am obsessing, I asked her to work at the club so I can have an eye kept on her."

"So is it happening like you thought it would?"

"Well it seems that her dad, who works for the FBI, is always getting on her about making friends or even getting a boyfriend  so I think it makes her a little easier to work with, but yes she's still fighting it trying to make a friend rather than a mate."

"And you?" He asks.

"I'm going to have to make her fall for me cuz I honestly see me settling down with her one day."

"Oh boy so I guess I better be really nice then." He rolls his eyes.

"Shh," I say as she breaks the corner of her staircase. Wearing a dark blue skin tight dress cut a little above the knee, she has her hair in curls down her back. I only realized this morning that she was mixed and might I add her parents mixed her perfectly. Very light make-up if she even has any on.

"Wow!" Jay's jaw drops to the floor. I kick him in the knee. "Fucking ow you bloody fool." She looks at me and smiles, the first time I saw that smile this morning it took everything I had not to go buy a ring and propose. Crazy right and you talk about her losing her shit. You are the one falling apart at the hinges. Shut up conscious. 

"Are you ready to go she asks?" I stand and take her arm.

"Jason out."

"Come on man it's cozy in here."

"Absolutely not."

"Do you promise not to trash the place, go through my stuff, or eat all my food?"

"I'll pretend like this is my mother's house minus her thank God."

"Then you can stay and please do not try to access the weapons case because it is fingerprint scan and cuts anything off that's not a match. If you want to play with them just ask and it will be supervised." She says and drags me off the room.

"Were you serious?"

"Yes, very and you might want to text him that certain parts of my house are booby-trapped the kitchen, the living room, and the bathroom at the end of the hallway and obviously the front door are safe." She says.

 I text him the information.

I really just want to watch her tv ask if I can play the game over here. She had said yes.

"So where are we going?" She is so inquisitive, I'm sure nothing gets past her I haven't so far.

"To a club in town."

"But not yours?" She inquires, I bet her dad is in the BAU department, My mom does the same thing and you can't help but pick it up because they never stop.

"No one that's a little nicer than mine, well in a better neighborhood at least." Her facial expression doesn't change, however. "You ran circles around your dad for three years, that's why you're not worried," I say.

"Well, my parents have been fighting for a long time never more than yelling with my mom occasionally flaring up on dad. I knew even at only eleven that it was my mother cheating, my dad and I got close and he feels that being able to profile is a vital point of survival and I will add it has come in handy over the years so I perfected the skill and began using it to help me in everyday things."