The Binding Potion- Chapter Six

Harry's P.O.V (Tuesday)

The light coming in from a nearby window wakes me from my sleep, along with the sound of the breakfast bell being rung from a distance. I groan and put my free hand over my eyes, trying to block out the blinding sunlight. Once my eyes adjust, it takes me a few moments to figure out where I am and recall what happened the previous night. The thought of acting so weak in front of Malfoy made my cheeks burn with embarrassment, but what's done is done and I can't change that. I am about to get up to grab my glasses from the nightstand when a grab a whiff of... expensive-smelling men's cologne? Confused, I try to shift my head but only to be blocked by the headboard. It is then and there I realize... Malfoys head is pressed against my chest.

Panic sets in as the situation unfolds itself. The pressure on my chin tells me I am resting my chin on his head. I can feel our bound hands tucked underneath the part of his head touching the bed. I flick my eyes down to see that our legs are partially intertwined. My nose is filled with the scent of Malfoy's, likely expensive and rare, cologne. It takes all my strength not to panic and sit bolt upright since I would just end up knocking the top of my head onto the headboard, which I do not want. I have to wake him up.

"Malfoy!" I whisper aggressively.

He simply grumbles in response and moves his head so that now my face is now nestled into my hair. I can feel my heart pounding a mile a minute and my already hot face burns like a fire.

"Malfoy!" I yell.

Finally, the git wakes up.

"What? What's happ...?"

Malfoy's confused and sleepy voice is cut short as he realizes what is happening. I can feel his head lift up as he bolts upright, knocking his head into my chin. I don't even acknowledge the pain as we quickly begin to untangle our legs. Once we are as far away from each other as the binding potion will allow, we simply stare at each other with our expressions plastered with awkwardness and shock. Malfoy's face is beet red and the heat in my cheeks tells me mine also must be tinged. I hope my tan skin tone is hiding it. Merlin this day is going to be awkward.

We get ready for the day in complete silence as we try to avoid each other's gaze. We grab our new schedule and silently make our way down to the Great Hall to grab at least a little breakfast before we have to make our way to our first class: Transfiguration.

During breakfast, Malfoy and I remain silent. I can't even have a good conversation with my friends because all I can think about is this morning's incident. Sure, it was embarrassing, but why is it affecting me this much? Everyone at the 8th year table can tell something is wrong. Ron tries to get it out of me, but after a couple of failed attempts he just gives up. Hermoine is giving me the "we will talk about this later look" so I try my best to avoid her gaze.

After our very awkward breakfast experience, Malfoy and I waste no time escaping the curious gazes of our peers. We make our way to Transfiguration in silence. Once we arrive, we take the two open seats that reside side by side in the back corner of the classroom and unpack our school supplies. Heads turn our way and whispers fill the room but I try to ignore them as best I can. Once the whole class arrives, the Transfiguration teacher walks out of her office and takes her seat at her desk in front of the class. Since Mcgonagall was now the headmistress, a new teacher had to be hired to teach the class. Her name is Professor Jade Hostess. She is kind and good at teaching but she is also very awkward and often has a hard time stopping disruptions when they happen. Since most students are used to Mcgonagall's strict no-funny-business policy, this provides them with newfound freedom in which they often took advantage of.

"Hello class... today we will be learning about how to transfigure solid objects into living anima-"

Professor Hostess is cut off by the wave of paper airplanes being sent her way. Chuckles erupt all over the room and I can't help but join them. I guess some of Dad's humor rubbed off on me. I found out that my dad was a big jokester in third year from Lupin. Lupin... No. Now's not the time for that.

Professor Hostess tries to act as the events that went down moments ago didn't happen and continues to explain today's lesson.

"Please pair up with the person next to you. You will be given a goblet that you must turn into a butterfly. To do this, please imagine a butterfly in great detail in your head and speak the incantation "Tranformous animilous" while waving your wand in a circle and then tapping the tip of it to the goblet"

Professor Hostess takes out her wand and begins levitating goblets to each of the pairs in the class. Once she is done, she tells us to begin and takes a seat at her desk while surveying how everyone is doing. I look over to Malfoy, who has the goblet at his desk and is already attempting the spell. I clench my teeth in frustration at his stubbornness. Why does he have to be so controlling!? 

"Were you planning on including me in this project?" I ask with vivid annoyance lacing my voice.

"I shouldn't have to ask you to do work Golden Boy" he responds blatantly, his back still facing me, "I'm not going to beg for help from the oh so great Potter."

That's it. I grab the front of Malfoy's robes and lift him out of his seat. I would be lying if I don't admit the look of shock on his face isn't satisfying. I shove him against the wall. I lock my free arm horizontal against his chest and push our bound hands against the wall to my right. I put all my weight against him so he can't struggle free.

"Look buddy," I exclaim in a menacing tone, "I don't know what's up with you. One minute I am convinced you are actually changing for the better and then the next minute you seem to go and f*** that up! I know this situation isn't great but that doesn't give you the excuse to start throwing insults as soon as you get annoyed!"

I can feel all eyes on us, but I don't care. I'm too furious to care. Malfoy's shocked facade melts away and it is replaced by a look of pure rage. I swear I can see a storm brewing in his stone-grey eyes.

"Your the one to talk!" he hisses, "Your temper was the one that got us into this mess in the first place!"

I have reached my boiling point.

"If it wasn't for me you would be rotting in Azkaban just like your Father!"

Dead silence. The tension in the air is so thick that it could be cut with a knife. Malfoy's face is blank but I can tell what I said hurt by the glazed look in his eyes. I have stooped too low this time.

"F*** you"

His voice is shaky and his eyes are wet but the venom in his voice slices deep into me, causing my heart to twist. It hurts. I involuntarily relax my grip enough for Malfoy to push me off of him. He begins to walk briskly towards the door and I have no choice but to follow.