Chapter 22

Robin had only realised what a gift speech was when she lost it. It was a shame, really. Such a big part in life taken for granted. When she got it back, it was like she had reconnected with a part of herself. But of course, it isn't always as poetic.

"So, Robin, how has the last month-" Remus started, a genuine smile on his face, before Robin wiped it off.

"Oh, bugger off." she replied, cutting him off.

"Well isn't someone in a good mood." Peter laughed slightly as he took a seat next to her. Robin snorted.

"And I'm sure if you were tortured and forced into doing things you didn't want to for a month, you would be too."

"I'm so glad we have our Robin back."

*

James grabbed Robin's hand as they made their way towards the quidditch pitch.

"You're mad, Potter."

"Oh, but you love it."

"I wish I could say I didn't."

He laughed and picked up his pace, running faster and faster until Robin couldn't keep up.

"Oi, James, wait for me and my tiny legs!"

"Get some of those muggle roller blades and grab onto my arm, we don't have all day!" James replied, laughing, but he still slowed down a bit for her. "Alright. So I know you're not a huge fan of Quidditch-"

"Understatement of the year, but go on."

"-Because of your fear of heights, but I am very excited to announce that you will be watching the incredible James Potter practice for his next game."

"And I am so excited." She said dryly. "What's in it for me?"

"You mean other than the fact that you get to spend time with me?"

"Yes."

"Fine," James rolled his eyes at the girls insistence, "We can gamble a bit."

"But we already have a bet with Remus and Siri-"

"Oh yes, that reminded me, you owe me ten galleons."

"I hate you." she sighed, but handed reached into her pocket and fished out a sickle, but threw it right back in, "I'll give it to you tomorrow, I don't have it on me right now."

"Alright. But for this gamble, I was thinking that we gamble something a little more valuable than money."

"And what could that possibly be?"

"Well, what if you bet on my skill?"

"I am already liking my odds."

"Sod off." James glared playfully, "I mean, if you give me three ways to score a goal and I manage to do all of them, then I win, and you get to do whatever you want with me tomorrow. If not, then I get to do whatever I want with you tomorrow."

"I'm not exactly following." Robin replied, furrowing her eyebrows.

"What I mean is, if you tell me how to score a goal, I have to do it. For example: you tell me to score a goal on the other end of the pitch, upside down, I have to do that. And you have three tries to give me something I can't do, and if you don't manage, I win. If you do manage, you win. Making more sense?"

"A little bit."

"Alright, why don't we try."

"Sure, why not." she paused for a second, and concentrated on different ideas, but she was particularly drawn to one. "Go so far above the pitch that you can't see the hoop."

He huffed, but reluctantly agreed, and started flying upwards. She waited for a while, but after a bit, she heard the sound of something hurtling towards the ground. For a moment, she actually thought it was James, but she then saw a quaff le heading straight towards the center hoop, much to her surprise. It flew straight through. James came down gracefully a few moments after.

"What's next?"

"What? How did you-" she took a deep breath before giving him her second idea. "Go to the other end of the pitch, close your eyes and throw the quaffle with one hand."

"You're making it too easy, love!"

He flew to the other end of the pitch in a meter of seconds and he was ready to throw it. One hand, eyes closed.

It went hurtling towards the center hoop again, in a perfectly straight line, leaving Robing to wonder if James hadn't charmed the quaffle. It went through without even slowing down.

She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, but quickly collected herself, finding another idea almost immediately. She gave a small smile, and began to tell James the idea.

"Alright. Well I was saving the best for last, obviously." she grinned evilly. "shoot from the other side of the pitch, with your eyes closed, facing away from the hoop, with one hand, just like the last one, except this time, do it on the ground."

His smug smile wavered for a microsecond, but was replaced just as quickly.

"Fine."

He flew over to the other side of the pitch and set himself down, placing his broom in the wet grass. He juggled the quaffle in his hands, before suddenly throwing it with ease, and looking over his shoulder to see how he did.

For a moment, Robin thought she was going to win, because the quaffle was seemingly heading towards the space between the center and left hoop. She was quickly proven wrong. It flew through the center hoop, as James had expected. He walked over to her, and her heart started racing. She was terrified, honestly, because she knew that James Potter would not go easy on her.

"Fine." she said coldly, desperately trying to hide the panic in her eyes. "Go on. You won. What do you want me to do?"

He grinned, as if he wanted her to ask. "Well, that's for me to know. At least, for now."