FAF- Fresh Water Pt. 1 (Dom)

Start from the beginning

My attention went back to the closed garage in front of me, my nerves seeming to get the best of me as I started to play with my ring that sat on my right hand. Brain knew me well enough to know what that action meant.

"Hey," He said, grabbing my attention, "They'll love you. Don't worry."

My cousin opened the driver-side of the car, slipping out of it while I paused in the passenger seat. Sucking in a deep breath, I turned my body around, grabbing my jean jacket that I threw in the back when Brian picked me up from the airport.

I climbed out of his car, closing the door behind me. Although my bags were still in the trunk, Brian nor I paid any attention to them at the moment.

Brian, as if he'd been here before, led the way to the side of the garage. I got a quick climbs of the water, a beach pulling itself away from the water and up towards the garage. Luckily, the house and garage seemed to sit on a hill; deck like stairs leading from the back of the house down towards the water and sand.

The house next to us had a cement path leading from the side door all the way to the garage door, where we were standing at.

Opening the door, I expected to walk into a dark, car filled garage. Instead, I was met with something completely different. The back of the garage opened, like it to had its own door. A deck was built into it, letting you walk out and look over the water. Instead of a bunch of cars, I came face to face with a group of people standing around talking and decorations for the 4th of July.

A large counter top stood against the wall to the right of me, food and other things piled on it. In the middle of the room sat a large picnic table, a red and white cover over it. Clearly two or so had been pushed together to create it.

The ceiling held hanging, bright lights, making the pictures on the walls light up. Each picture held a different car, some holding even different people.

Five people stood in the garage, some I recognized while three I didn't.

Dom was talking with two guys while Dom's sister, Mia, was talking with another girl by the counter. It wasn't until Brian walked in did everyone turn towards us.

"O'Conner," Dom's voice said with a smile, causing my own head to turn at the sound of my own last name. It wasn't until Brian walked over to him with a smile did I realize he wasn't talking to me. I watched as Dom clasped his hand with Brian's before doing a usual bro hug.

A beer sat in one of hand of two of the guys, Dom being one of them.

I watched as Brian hugged the other man, shaking hands with the last one. Mia and the other girl walked over, Mia giving Brian a kiss on the cheek while the other girl shook his hand. Words were exchanged but I was too far away to hear them.

Crowded places weren't a bother to me as much as they once were, but when you really only know one of the people, you're not sure what to do. Immediately, my fingers started to twist my ring.

Dom seemed to notice my awkward stance and grabbed Brian's attention, nodding over to me. Quickly he nodded over, "Bella! Come here."

My feet moved me across the cement floor over to the large group, my hands awkwardly in front of me. It wasn't until I stopped next to Brian that I dropped my hands.

"You remember Dom and Mia, right?" Brian asked, as if he didn't recall that I had already brought them up in multiply conversations in the past.

"Yeah," I nodded, causing Brian to look at the two Toretto's. "You guys remember my cousin Isabella? The one that lives in Florida?"

Mia smiled wide, "Yes, of course." Her arms immediately found their way around me, pulling me into a hug as she said, "It's so good to see you again." I lightly hugged her back, pulling away to come face to face with Dom.