Chapter Twenty-Nine: Search and Destroy

Start from the beginning

Ryoma: Thank God, a happy thought.

Yang: I'm not like Ruby, she's always wanted to be a Huntress. It's like she said, ever since she was a kid, she'd dreamt about being the heroes in the books. Helping people and saving the day, and never asking for anything else in return. Even when she couldn't fight, she knew that's what she wanted to do. That's why she trained so hard to get where she is today.

Weiss: Well, she's still just a kid.

Blake: She's only two years younger. We're all kids.

Yang: Well, not anymore. I mean, look where we are! In the middle of a warzone and armed to the teeth!

Blake: It's the life we chose.

Weiss: To most of us, it's a choice.

Ryoma: It's a job.

Weiss: Right. The rest of us had this romanticized vision of being a Huntress in our heads! But at the end of the day, it's a job to protect the people! And whatever we want, will have to come second.

Ryoma: Right...

Getting up from her spot, Yang stretched her arms outwards before proceeding to yawn.

Yang: My turn to keep watch. I'm gonna go get Ruby.

Blake: Kay.

As she began to leave, the feeling of Weiss' head shifting caused the Tenno to look down at the young girl as her eyes met his.

Weiss: Did Oobleck evervask you about being a Huntsman?

Ryoma: He did... but in a different manner.

Weiss: ?

Seeing her head tilt in confusion, the Tenno wrapped an arm around her head, caressing it like a baby as she closed her eyes once more.

Ryoma: It's nothing to worry about, love.

Weiss: Hmph... Love... That's a new one.

He smirked a little bit.

Ryoma: I know.

A Few Hours Later...

The group lied sound asleep as the sun began to rise from the desolate horizon

The group lied sound asleep as the sun began to rise from the desolate horizon. When the light of the sun touched down onto them, Yang returned from her post, only to find her sister and dog missing from the group.

Yang: Hey Weiss.

Weiss: Bleeeeeeehhh.....

Yang: It's your tu-. Ruby?

Weiss: !

Yang: Hey, where's Ruby?

Weiss: Yang, this isn't funny.

Yang: I'm not joking around. Where's Ruby?

Oobleck: What?

Slowly waking up from their conversation, the Tenno began yawning while stretching his arms and legs. As he did so, Zwei came running towards them from outside the abandoned apartment complex, barking.