chapter 1: my best friend is a ninja

My day started out like usual cruising down the hallways of Eastford High with my best friend Lacy. The last few months were nice. I still had my phone (despite getting grounded twice) and my marks were... okay? I'm definitely not smart. I'd put myself in the middle class of intelligence. Sure I was failing chemistry but my mom knew that i didn't like it.

My mom's been doing well, she the best single mom ever. We've never needed anyone really.. My dad was in the military, 5 years ago he died on battle field but they never found his body. When we received the news we still had hope. Maybe they took him hostage or he got stranded but 5 years later and he's still not back... Well our hope started to die down. We moved on to the future but not forgetting the past.

I realised that i might have spaced out and found myself at my locker. I knew this route well, I think that's what happend when you walk the same route 5 days a week for 4 years. When the little voice in my head finally decides to calm down i turn to face a mad Lacy.

"What the hell Kat? I've been saying your name for like two minutes straight. Are you sure your okay?"

"Yeah. I'm just tired of binging Stranger Things last night." Netflix was my life. I barely get any sleep.

"What have i told you about binging Katherine Loren Jane Ralph?!" Realising that my best friend just basicly screamed all my names even those that i don't like made me realise that i was going to murder her. I hate when people use my formal names. It just seems so fancy. Everyone calls me 'Kat' or 'Katy'.

"And what have i told you about blurting all my names aloud?!" At this time I could feel strangers in the hallway stare at me.

When I finally cooled down and turned to Lacy, Matt passed by.

"Morning Loren and Lacy." He said laughing. I knew all those names would haunt me. I need to talk to my mom about them. Matt and I were friends, not close one's but we often talked.

"See Lace that's why you should never do that because then I might just murder you and Matt in your sleep." Yes, I'll admit this. I am violent.

"Okay, okay." She raised her hands in surrender. " I won't do it again."

"You better." I grabbed her arm and dragged her to out first class. On the way we talked about the usual. Spongebob.

...

School flew pretty fast by untill the last period which was chemistry. Ms Ranch hated me. I know what your thinking. WHOSE SURNAME IS RANCH?!!!

I enter the class keeping a low profile to avoid her. I really don't need her yelling at me for failing another test. What can i say? Me + chemistry= bad grades. That's practically all I can remember.

The lesson was quite boring the smart children answering all the questions. But this one guy, Lace calls him a 'bad boy' and i call him a manwhore, he answers all the question. I've never seen a MW( short for manwhore) answer so many questions. I don't know how he does it. Maybe it's all that vodka that he drinks that went to his brain making him some how smart. And if that's the case i need to reopen the liquor cabinet.

...

After the bell rang Ms Ranch stopped me from leaving.

" Ms Ralph. We need to talk. Now." In that moment I knew I was going to die.

I walked over to her desk only to find all my tests sitting on her desks.

"Now Katherine, your failing chemistry and i mean failing." She never disappoints with her humor." We need to get your marks up or you won't get out of this school and go to college."

I just nodded and left the classroom i guess I was going to use my Friday night studying.

...

I've been studying for 2 hours straight. My brain couldn't anymore. I switched on my phone to find a text from Lacy.

L🌟:
Johns having a party tonight and were going.

Kat💫:
YOU are I'M not.

L🌟:
Your coming if you like it or not.
Be there in 5 to help you get ready.x

Kat💫:
WHO SAID I WAS GOING?

I realised at that stage she had already left her house because she didn't read my last text. Exactly 5 minutes later i heard a knock in the door. Who am I kidding it sounded like someone was breaking the door down. I rushed downstairs to save the door. Before I could even reach the handle the door swinged open.

"I'M HOOOMMEEE."

"Yeah I know since you almost broke down the door." I was rubbing my forehead, that door was alot harder than I thought it would be.

"Less talking more beautifying."

I merely just rolled my eyes will she dragged me to my room. On my bed i saw her travel suitcase , thousands of make-up boxes and just another random sparkly box.

"How did you do that?" I think my best friend is a ninja or something.

"My secret." She did her evil laugh. But before she could even finish i heard someone falling from a ladder. I ran to my window to see Rick on the ground and the ladder not to far from him. Rick is Lace's boyfriend, they've been dating for 2 years and still going strong.

"So you call Rick magic?"

"Whatever!" She turned to her boyfriend. "Babe are you okay?"

"I'll be fine hun. See you in 2 hours for the party." He slowly crawled away.

Lace went and sat on my bed arranging all of the makeup, hair supplies and clothes.

"Wait, didn't Rick say we had 2 hours?"

"Yes we do and I'll be using that one hour 58 minute and 34 seconds. Wait 33. No 32."

"Okay I get the point."

" Now go shower because I can smell you from a mile away!"

"I don't stink!"

"Yes you do, no go! Let the beautifying begin!" And que evil laughter.

hope you guys liked it❤