Chapter 10: Lost in the Forest

Start bij het begin

"How great. We could be swallowing Oreos for three weeks," Villa muttered, "Anyway, let's continue our talk while clearing up some Oreos."

"Don't stick onto such solemn chat. Now it's story time!" Cesc chuckled, "First round, each one of us tells a funny and embarrassing incident that happens to yourself!"

"Next time, my boy. We're having some heart-to-heart conversation right now. You can sit down and play with the sticks with Gerard if you want," Xavi suggested, reassuring the disappointed Cesc.

"Hey, don't treat me as a 4-year-old child," Gerard complained, "Although we're at the same age, I'm mentally 'matured'."

"Cesc is also as mentally 'matured' as you," Sergio teased with an evil laugh. Gerard seemed red.

"Sese, don't be rude. This is not the time for arguing," Fernando warned.

"I wish someone could tell me that I was only dreaming. Imagine waking up on the plane, realising this is only a simple nightmare," Villa mumbled as rubbed his hands together near the campfire for warmth, "I'd rather deal with life issues and match losses than living in fear and holding the fate of the whole planet like now. Had it not been for you guys to bear it with me, I would have been hopeless."

"I believe that we are all grateful to have each other rely on," Iker smiled, "From now on, we have to stick ourselves together as a team, not only Spanish National Football Team, but also comrades in arms. Our spirits and morale will be unbeatable."

"Aye aye, Capi," Sergio nodded in agreement, "Frankly, Villa, I'm also incredibly confused about the things going on. Loads of questions stuck inside my head, like the purpose of King Skull, or how are we going to get the crystal. Even to me, the all-time optimist, the future seemed to be blurred and bleak."

"I hate to say this, but I'm in the same thought as well," Gerard exhaled deeply with worried eyes, "I understand that I'm kind of a rebellious, reckless guy. Nevertheless, I'm starting to worry about our fates and future as well. One of my biggest fear is death, especially dying in a foreign place."

"Actually, do you think we are chosen for this?" Andres started, "There were thousands of airline flights at that moment, but only our plane carried the freaking remainders of the invasion, if King Skull was right."

"Well, there's an undeniable chance," Fernando was in his thoughts, "But why us? We don't have any special superpowers or God-like strength. We aren't even physically and mentally prepared for this."

"Yeah, it's like ten random people have to go from planet to planet to save Earth," Silva scoffed, "Much like childish science fiction bizarre."

"I'm tired," Xabi yawned, "Can someone please stay up for just one night to make sure we are safe to sleep? We can take turns anyway. There's still a long way to go so we need sufficient rest."

"Good idea."

---

[Day 2]

Morning.

Rays of light from the Ietania sun parted the reluctant eyelids of Sergio's.

"Is your leg alright?" Iker asked his best friend, concerned.

"Yeah, it feels so much better now," Sergio tried and was able to walk slowly, "Thank you."

"WAKE UP SPIRITS! WAKE UP SPIRITS!" Cesc was yelling at every horn of the roots. "WAKEY WAKEY UPPPP!"

However, no one showed up.

"Is King Skull lying?" Silva said in disappointment. "Nothing happened."

"Shall we wait?" Xabi asked, "Or should we just find the spirits on our own?"

"Let's not be separated," Andres suggested. "We should eat some Oreos for breakfast and wait."

Suddenly there was a slithering sound. It was not far, but neither close. It seemed like it came from nowhere.

"Goodness me! Snakes!" Silva was totally freaked out.

"Don't panic, don't move," Fernando shushed him, "I'll go quietly to check it out. I know how to defend myself."

"Nando... my mind is telling me it's dangerous! Please don't separate with the team," Gerard whispered.

However, before he could stop him, there was no traces left of him. Fernando was already gone.

He had walked a couple of meters away from the team when the slithering sound was heard again. Of course, he wasn't going to attack any creatures. He only wanted to know whether it was a threat, or a spirit who could help them to find the road to the Sacred Mountain. A few more steps towards the source of the sound, he saw someone behind a tree.

Someone familiar.

"Olalla?"

A/N: Thanks again for all the love and support ;) !