Chapter Two

Awhile has past since the memorial service attack. April's compulsion helped her move on and start school back here in Mystic Falls high. Nik is out finding werewolves to turn with the little blood he has left. A curfew was given to town to protect people from potential danger, but because this is Mystic Falls, a party was being planned. Rebekah was planning one, her way of dealing with Nik basically disowning her.

I sit at a desk in Nik's art room, sorting through all my photos from the last few months. Sorting them between work and personal, one being placed neatly in a portfolio, the other being in a box for future framing.

I hear a knock coming from the front door. I look in the direction of the front door confused. Who would visit? and knock? Rebekah has a key, so not her. I stand and slowly walk over to the front door. I open the door to reveal two people whom I don't recognize. a young woman and young man.

"Hello? Can I help you?" I question the two, I've never seen them in town before.

"Clara? Clara Gilbert?" the young woman questions.

"Yeah that's me." I say, a bit hesitant now that they know my name but I don't know them.

"Klaus sent us. Hybrids, for your protection." the man tells me.

"Oh, alright. Uh, come in I guess." I tell them a bit unsure. I open the door wider, letting them walk in, then close the door behind them. "Did he, uh, tell you anything else to tell me?" I question, hoping to hear more on Nik.

"Not much. Just that you'd be more comfortable if we told you we were here, in case you were in danger and we came out of nowhere to save you." The girl informs me, the guy nodding in agreement.

"Oh, well alright. thank you..." I say trailing off, realising I never did get there names.

"Adrien." The man introduces himself.

"Kim." The woman introduces herself.

"Nice to meet you." I say a bit awkwardly.

"We'll be seeing you around, stay out of trouble." Adrien tells me, then him and Kim walk around me, going to the front door and leaving before I can even comprehend what just happened. I shake it off and go back to what I was doing.

---

Rebekah's curfew party has started, much to my annoyance, I let her have the party. I stayed over at her place and watch the teens inside making sure they don't do anything stupid. I look around and see some familiar faces amongst the sea of teens,

Through one of large archways I see Elena talking with April in the Kitchen, then Rebekah walks up to them, the tension clearly there between the two vampires. I walk over to them quickly.

"Hi April! I didn't known you'd be coming to the party. Why don't I show you around?" I offer, not wanting her in the crossfire between the other two.

"Uh, sure. Okay." April says, walking with me out of the kitchen, and into the dinning room.

I show her all across the downstairs of the house. Explaining what Rebekah explained to me when she first showed me this house of all the art. She soon left me to try and mingle, leaving  me alone to be that one adult at the party.

I soon see Stefan and Elena walking to the front yard of the house. I look out the window of the foyer and see them talking to Rebekah. Then Elena turns to walk to the keg and do a keg stand causing Rebekah's smirk to fall.

Everyone who was outside started to shout and cheer 'chug chug chug'. As Elena did just that, most likely to get under Rebekah's skin. Elena stands, giving a smile then leaving with Stefan towards his bike. 

I look back over to Rebekah and she doesn't look mad or annoyed like I thought she would. No, she looks worried. She walks over to the front door. I go over to meet her to see whats wrong. I see her looking at herself in a mirror.

I walk over to her, "Are you okay Bekah?" I question concerned. She looks looks towards me and I see dark veins all through her face, pulsing, her expression horrified of what was happening. "Come on." I grab her arm and drag her upstairs into her room, and have her sit at her desk. I see her swearing a small bit. "I'll be right back." I tell her and walk out of the room and go to my guest room that she insisted I have. 

I grab the first aid pack I keep here and grab 2 rags and go downstairs to get ice to put in one of them. My phone then rings, I check the ID and see it's Stefan. "Hello?" I say, confused as to why he's calling me.

"Can you get in contact with Klaus?" Stefan asks, not greeting me.

"Uh, possibly, why?" I ask confused.

"Can you call him and tell him to meet me at my house. It's an emergency." Stefan says sounding a bit stressed. 

"I can try." I reply as I fill a rag with ice.

"Thank you. Hurry." he says then hangs up.

I look at my phone confused then call Nik. After a few rings, he picks up, "Hello love." Nik says, causing a small smile to appear on my face despite all that's been happening.

"Hi. Uh is there a good reason why Stefan Salvatore is bugging me to bug you to go to his house?" I question him as I exit the kitchen.

"He's really-... Clara, dont worry I got his voice mail I'm practically there. I'm sorry that he's trying to drag you onto this." Nik says to me, annoyed at Stefan clearly.

"Its alright. As long as you're aware." I tell him, walking up the stairs.

"Yes. Thank you for the call love. But I must be going. I'll speak with you soon." Nik says, and before I can reply he hangs up.

I sigh and put my phone back in my pocket, walking towards Rebekahs room.

I walk in and see Rebekah looking in my direction, standing a terrified expression on her face. 'Hey are you okay?" I ask, concern filling me again.

She shakes her head no, I gently grab her hand and lead her to her bed and have her lay down. "Come on you need to rest." She closes her eyes as I lightly dab her forehead with the rag with ice. The veins arent as dark as they once were, but the effects still seem to be there.

The noise from the party steadily go away as people seem to be leaving, which is honestly good. A knock comes from the doorway, I look and see April holding a garbage bag. Rebekah looks over to her as well.

"Hey." April says walking into the room,picking up a cup that was empty from Rebekah's desk. "Way to bail on your own party." April says light heartily to Rebekah.

"I just, I needed a minute. Nurse Clara's rules... Did everyone leave?" Rebekah explains and asks.

"Yeah, deputies weren't actually super-happy about the anti-curfew party." April explains, a light chuckle afterwards.

"Why are you still here April?" I ask, confused why she didnt leave like everyone else.

April seems a bit sheepish, "Um, honestly? Picking up trash is a hell of a lot better then sitting at home alone thinking about the family you no longer have." April explains to us.

Rebekah sits up in her bed and gets up out of her bed and then walks the little ways towards April.

"Hey, uh, if you want, I could... I could help you look into what happened with the fire at your farm house." Rebakah offers to April after staring at her for a moment.

"What are you going to be able to do that I cant?" April questions, confused on Rebekah smiles lightly to April, "you'd be surprised." Rebekah says to April. April returns the smile seeming touched by Rebekahs kindness.

__________________________________
1366 words

The story continues! I've decided I'll be posting for this story twice a month!

I've already started book 3 and have a solid idea for book 4!!

I hope you all enjoy!

Vote

Comment

Share

Lots of luv~snowflake