Before Vena could reply, Detective Newton caught their attention. He stepped over wearing his usual uniform-a collared shirt and some slacks. Obviously, he had just made it since Jersey didn't see him around earlier.

"How are you doing, Mrs. Coleman?" He asked Lisa who was now puffing on a cigarette. Instead of simply answering him, she just pulled hard on her cancer stick and blew the toxic smoke in his face. Newton clenched his eyes and waved the smoke away from his face.

"That's Ms. Coleman." She corrected him.

"I apologize for that. Now, I'd like to ask you a few questions about your son-Rodrick Coleman."

"Aren't you with the narcotics division? Why are you out here? You're not a homicide detective." Lisa questioned him smartly.

Newton noticed her facial expression, so he cleared his throat and said, "That is true but luckily I'm skilled in both divisions. Plus, the head detective is out sick, so I was able to grab this case."

Jersey just stood back watching him carefully. He would glance at her from time to time. Newton was curious to know why she was out there with Lisa.

"So, can we talk. In private?" He continued.

"I can answer the questions right here." Lisa stated. "I have nothing to hide."

_____________________________

"Your uncle looked upset when he saw me at the bar, why?" Tilly asked Malcolm as she laid beside him. Her satin, purple, sheets barely covered her breasts. She had bed hair, of course, after having some wild sex with Malcolm.

"You know why." He replied back while staring at the ceiling. He wasn't expecting to come home with Tilly at all. But one thing led to another, and he ended up at her house. "He doesn't fuck with no police. I told you that before, so I don't know why you even tried him."

Tilly used her manicured finger to draw invisible figures on Malcolm's brown skin. She made sure to look over his tattoos since they were very eye catching. "I wasn't trying him. I just wanted a drink and I wanted to check out that girl who works at your bar."

Malcolm furrowed his eyebrows and darted his eyes over at Tilly. Quickly, she erased the small smirk from her face when she noticed the look, he was giving her.

"What girl?"

"Jersey." She answered and that caused Malcolm to shift in the bed. He wanted to know why she was checking out Jersey.

"Why the fuck are you watching her?"

Tilly sat up while pulling the bed sheet closer to her chest. "Damn, why are you so defensive?"

Malcolm had to catch himself. He almost blew up because he didn't want Tilly fucking with Jersey.

"I don't need you snooping around my bar." He trailed off while frowning at Tilly.

"But I believe Jersey is working for Newton." Tilly announced.

"Nah..." Malcolm trailed off. If anything, Newton was trying to get Jersey to work for him.

He didn't believe it at all since Jersey let him know what was up beforehand. But then again, Malcolm felt like she wasn't to be trusted.

"I'm being serious right now." Tilly pressed.

Malcolm leaned his head over and asked, "How do you know all of this?"

"I was looking through the old file-weeks ago. I wanted to mention it to you but, we weren't at our best at the time." She lied. "Newton had it marked in his notes-it said Jersey Coleman-possible informant."