Number 1

Aaliyah woke up alone in the hospital bed. She tried to remember what had happened, and how she ended up there. But her head hurt, and the more she tried to remember, the more it hurt. She tried to remember, even a small detail, but nothing came. She tried to call out to a passing nurse, but her voice was too weak. All she wanted to do was sleep.

When she rewoke, there were doctors and nurses everywhere. She tried to call out, but nothing came out. She tried again, but all that came out was a scream. Suddenly, doctors and nurses surrounded her.

"It's ok, you're ok" they said 

"What happened?"

"You were in a car accident."

"With who? I can't drive."

"Your husband."

"How is he? Can I go see him?"

"He unfortunately didn't make it."

Aaliyah screamed. The doctors had to inject her to sedate her. In her sleep, Aaliyah tried to remember, but got a few glimpses of a man. She wept for a man she didn't know, but knew she had loved him, and he had loved her. Suddenly, she sat up. She looked down at her tummy. It was flat. Where was her bump, her baby? She ran into the hallway, looking for doctors.

"My baby? Where's my baby?"

She was led into her room and told. Aaliyah screamed, until she thought she had no more breath. She collapsed into bed and fell asleep, hoping one day she could have the life she had forgotten and was snatched from her.

          Was the first chapter ok?