Chapter fifteen

the whole time i was trying to spell fifteen cracked me up, when i tried pronouncing some of it, i sounded like a crackhead
~=~

I wake up to the light hitting my face from the window. Steve was still sleeping, so instead of waking him up I decided to get ready first. I grab a white sweater, denim overalls, white socks, and a pair of Nike Air Forces.

Walking into the bathroom I still had a few flashbacks of what had happened the night before. The shadow, my cries, and the gust of wind. I didn't feel possessed- is that what possessed people say?

After changing, and frizzing my hair out. I grabbed some boxes and carried them to the car. Along the way, I grabbed a granola bar from the pantry.

Unlocking my car, I place the boxes in one by one. After awhile Steve rushes outside.
" Jesus! Y/n, I thought you got kidnapped," He yells, I laugh.
" Don't worry, you can't get rid of me that easily," I joke, he smiles.
We carry the last bit of boxes and get in the car. Steve falls asleep once we get in the car, I laugh at him and begin the drive and start of it all.

A Month Later
Late November 1985
Dustin's Point Of View

" Goddamn it!" I shout, slamming my pencil on the table, " This shit is unsolvable."
" Just keep trying, it's not like they would give us unsolvable work!" Lucas yells at me, I roll my eyes trying to figure out this simple answer to a scientific question.
" I really wish Suzie was here," I say," She would be a lot more-"
" Help then us," Mike, Lucas, and Max say.
" I got it!" Max says, " Nitrogen fixation!"

We all laugh as we fill in the answer, finishing our homework for the day. We all sigh in happiness.
" Now, just a few more times til I see El," Mike smiles.
" Oh right!" I shout," And Steve and Y/n!"
Steve and Y/n never visit back, I understand it's hard with everything but it is bullshit. They aren't even a state anyway!
" And Will," Lucas says with some attitude, " come on guys we told him we wouldn't leave him out anymore,"
" Yeah, that means," Max starts, " Mike don't force yourself on El too much."
" Dustin don't play around with your babysitters," Lucas tells me, I roll my eyes.
" We are all going to hangout," Mike tells us, we all nod in agreement.
Just a few more days.

Y/n's Point of View
Purdue University
A few days later.

" Steve! Wake up," I yell at him, he frowns.
" No Mom, I am not going to work today," He says, rolling to the other side.
I grab him and tug on him, trying to pull him off the bed. He groans.
" You get to see Dustin today," I smile, Steve slowly wakes up after I say that. He smiles at me, as I frown.
" What?" He asks, I roll my eyes.
" Get up, we have to leave if we're gonna be at the Byers on time," I tell him, he smiles and hops up.
" Oh right! Today's the day!" He smiles, I nod.
He throws on a pair of jeans and a sweater. I put on a pink oversized sweater, and a pair of acid-washed jeans as well. I cuff the ends of the jeans and slip on some sneakers.
Steve attempts to put my hair in a ponytail, I leave it be, it actually wasn't that bad. We grab our bags since we would be staying at a motel close to the Byers house.

New York was only a few miles away from where we were on the highway. Steve was driving as I gave directions. El called me everyday, and made sure I knew her address. We finally reached the house, it was adorable. Extremely humble. The exterior was a creme color, and a small porch. Almost set up like the old Byers home.

We pull up into the driveway, and I see the front door swing open. El rushed out of the house, I jumped out of the car and hugged her.
" I missed you," She smiles, I hug her back. I could tell she let a few tears fall. It was adorable, she finally let go and pulled me inside. Joyce smiles at me, while Will was on the couch reading something.
" Hi sweetie," Joyce says and hugs me, I smile.
" How is it here?" I ask, she laughs.
" Much better," Joyce tells me, Will finally looks up.
" Hey kid," I smile, he smiles back. I turn around to Steve.
" Go talk to him, lord knows El is gonna wanna only talk to me until Mike and Max get here," I tell him, he nods and sits on the couch. El pulls my hand into her room. It was a normal room a dresser, a bed, and a few posters on the wall. She jumps on her bed, and smiles.
" We're having a sleep over," She smiles, I laugh.
" Alright, sounds fun," I say.
" With Max and Nancy," She adds, I nod. I was surprised she included Nancy, " No boys aloud."
I laugh, and we continue to talk about stupid things.
" Did you get back your powers?" I ask her, she sighs and shakes her head meaning no.

A few hours, Joyce gave us dinner, Jonathan came home, and it was getting late. But a little later a loud knock on the door was heard. El quickly got up and ran to the door. I followed her, she laughed as Mike and Max ran towards her and gave her a quick hug.
Lucas, Nancy, and Dustin quickly followed. Dustin shot a quick look at Steve and ran towards him jumping into his arms like they've been separated from birth.
Dustin gave me a long hug as well.
" I'm glad you guys actually came!" Dustin laughs.
" We wouldn't ditch this for anything," I tell him and Steve agrees. Dustin then gives a hug to Will and the rest of the younger teens join in. Steve and I watch in a parent way, it was weird.
" Alright, sleepover time," El smiles grabbing Max's hand. Max smiles.
" Wait, we just got her," Mike whines, El smiles.
" Girls sleepover, no boys aloud." Max says, and El nods. El grabs Nancy's hand- who was still hugging jonathan-and Max grabs mine. They pull us to the room.
" Alright, that's get this party started," Max says jumping on the bed. Nancy and I look at each other. We are in for a long night...

Dustin's Point Of view

" It's okay," Jonathan says," We can hang out."
I look over and see everyone wasn't so happy about this. Mike wanted to hang out with El, Lucas to once again hang out with Max, Steve was not happy to hang out with Jonathan, and Will was perfectly fine with this.
" I just wanted all of us to hang out," Mike says, but mostly lying, he just wanted to make out with El.
This will be a long night....

~=~
OKAY SO THIS WAS HELLA SHORT AND IM SORRY- ALSO THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE VIEWS AND LIKES AND COMMENTS!!! I LOVE REPLYING TO YOU GUYS JUST TO LET YOU KNOW!
xoxo