𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕜 ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕆𝕟𝕖

Richie: 20
Eddie: 19

Richie and Eddie were fighting over something stupid. 

"Maybe we should take a break" Eddie says. 

"Yeah, maybe we should" Richie agrees. 

"To be clear, the break means we're physically separated but we're still dating, so no other dates and no sex." Eddie specifies. 

"Ok, even though we're on a break I still love you more than anything." Richie walks up to his and Eddie's bedroom. He packs a week's worth of clothes along with the pastel yellow blanket he had bought Eddie. 

"I hope I packed more days of clothes than I need" Richie mumbles to himself. He grabs paper and a pen to leave Eddie a note. The note reads: I'm going to my parents' house in case you need me. Richie walks out of their house, gets in his car, and drives to his parents' house. 

Eddie walks up to their room. He puts on one of Richie's sweatshirts and inhales Richie's scent of cigarettes and the cologne Eddie loves. Eddie didn't want to actually take a break, but he and Richie had been fighting lately. He couldn't even remember why they were fighting. Eddie goes back downstairs for a second. He grabs ice cream and goes back upstairs to watch TV while he eats the ice cream. Eddie grabs Richie's blanket. As he wraps the Queen blanket around his petite body, he wonders what Richie's doing. 

When Richie arrives at his parents' house he goes to his old room. He sits on his old bed and takes Eddie's blanket out of the suitcase. It smells like a combination of Eddie's vanilla body wash and the lemon hand sanitizer Eddie constantly applies. Richie unlocks his phone as he pulls Eddie's blanket over him. Richie looks through all the pictures of Eddie, pictures of both of them, and random videos he took of Eddie. He starts at the oldest picture and works towards the newest. The most recent video causes Richie to start crying. In the video, Eddie is laying against his chest. 

"I love you so much, Chee" video Eddie says. 

"You love little old me?" Richie asks in a southern belle voice. Eddie giggles and looks up at Richie with love filled eyes. 

"That voice is terrible, but yes I love little old you" Eddie says. The video ends right before Eddie kisses Richie. Richie rewinds the video to Eddie's giggle. He wishes he had a time machine so he could go back and never argue with Eddie. Richie decides that after their break, he's apologizing for taking his stress out on Eddie and he's going to treat Eddie like the prince he is. 

For now, both boys surround themselves with each other's belongings. The boys make dinner. Eddie makes barbecue chicken while Richie makes a frozen pizza. They eat their dinner then go to sleep. Eddie grabs Richie's pillow and cuddles close. Richie covers himself in Eddie's blanket even through it's too small. Neither boy gets good sleep. They both toss and turn, unable to get comfortable without the other wrapped in their arms.