"Why would you read about them? You could have meet them."

She sighed, "Loki..." Flicked his forehead slightly causing him to yelp in and she continue, " I must do preparation before meeting them. Earth are much more different than us."

Loki hummed, staring at her as she continue to read her book. Time passed, it almost dawn and he had fell asleep in her arm while waiting for her to finish her book. She shut her book softly, looking down at him in amused. Adorable.

This is one of the reasons why she likes Loki. Even though he is very mischief, when it's about Layla reading her books he would always come to her and sat on her laps, after staring at her for few moment he will fall asleep. This always happened whenever Layla in the library His presence is enjoyable and calm, keeping her company. Not like his brother Thor who always try to play hero and shouting like he want to practice swordsman. That blondie is too energetic.

Frigga always said to her, the two boys likes Layla very much and always trying to get her attentions but surprisingly Loki was the one constantly wanting her attentions more. The queen was amused at one time when Layla wanting to go outside for a moment so she give baby Loki to the queen but he cried non-stop. Not until Layla hold him again, he immediately stopped.

The queen laughed at the sight of them, saying Loki loves her and doesn't like anyone else to touch him except Layla. What a strange child. Until now, whenever Layla want to go outside, Loki will appears beside her and ask where she go and take him with her. There this one time when Thor asked her to train him how to fight with a sword correctly. Loki saw this and in a blinked of an eye, a small dagger appeared and stubbed him from behind. Thor cried, sobbing in her arms while she scolded Loki about stubbing and the little mischief just smiled proudly.

Smiling at the memories, Layla stands up with sleeping Loki in her arms, his head at her shoulder near her collarbone and slowly walk her way towards his room.

Unknown to her, Loki had always awake the whole time. He doesn't sleep. He just... longing for her warmth and affection from her. He felt more comfortable near her. Whenever he felt negative emotions, the first thing he will do is to find Layla. She was about to leave him but he tugged her had to stop her from moving as she glance at her shoulder to look at him.

"Loki?"

His small hand rubbing his tired eyes, mumble softly, "Don't leave me..."

Her chest suddenly tighten, she lay beside him and pulled the green blanket to cover them while he scoot closer, searching her warmth. "I will never leave you. Promise." She sense his distress and abandon at the thought of her leaving him alone.