Chapter- 27

I could literally feel Chrissy shaking beside me as all of us stood in line for the haunted house.

"Booo Chrissy we're coming to get you, you scaredy wolf."

"Hey, she's not tucking her tail in between her legs just yet." My brother Brian and Hudson teased her. Chrissy ignored them until she finally had enough. She whipped her head back and growled at them. An actual, very load growl. I swatted her arms as everyone in line looked around in confusion. Whisper's about an animal floated throughout the air and Chandler started chuckling.

"Enough you two, we're not having a repeat of dinner." Mom snapped. Chrissy, on the other hand looked like she was about to have a melt down at any moment.

"Chrissy you don't have to go in." I reasoned with her and she frantically looked from where they were letting people in the haunted mansion, and something that was moving around in the trees next to us.

"Are you sure, I don't want to ruin this night-"

"Make it up to me by a foot massage?" At that Chrissy actually looked like she was considering staying. My feet weren't that bad!

"Alright I'll wait in the car." She says walking back. My brothers start making chicken sounds as she goes and in return Chrissy flicks them off until she's out of sight.

Beside me, Chandler shivers from the freezing wind and I cuddle up against his side. Our body temperatures together, soon makes us both warm.

"You ready?" He looks down at me with a smirk.

"Yep!" I exclaim in excitement.

"Good, because we're next."

I love anything thrilling or scary. When I was little, I always looked forward to Halloween. I still do honestly, It's my favorite time of the year.

"Next!" The man calls out and just before we step inside, the thing that was moving around in the trees sprints out in the other direction.

It was a man. A man in a dark cloak.

"Chandler I think we shouldn't-"

"You can't back out now Alina." He teases me just as the guy closes the door behind us. Its to late for me to leave and the only exit is at the very end of the house. I shouldn't be paranoid, I tell myself. After all, this is a haunted house. The guy probably worked here.

We were surrounded in a dark room the had a long hallway leading into more darkness. There were creepy sounds bouncing off the walls along with scary objects placed all over.

"This isn't that bad-"

"Bwahahaha!!" Someone popped out from what I thought was a wall, and they grabbed Chandler who jumped into my arms. The person disappeared quickly and Chandler let me go. I was laughing so hard, I started crying.

"You should have seen your face!" I stuck my finger in his face and laughed which made him pissed. He took my hand and lead me down the other hallways.

"Let's just get this over with." He sounded like he lost his pride of manhood.

The other rooms we went through had zombie doctors pretending to eat a patient, creepy baby dolls, and a lot of bloody people trying to scare us. The smell of the house stunk to the point where I was questioning if something really did die. Lets not forget to mention the lights flickering on and off and open doors suddenly closing. I squeezed Chandler's hand as we came to a room that was pitch black. There wasn't one glowing light, and I was terrified that I couldn't see anything around me.

"Chandler?" I called out and squeezed his hand once more to feel his presence.

"Just keep walking my love, it's almost over." He replied.