Chapter- 13

"You don't deserve me?" I murmured to myself. This is why he rejected me?!
I turned to Chandler. I'm sure my face looked as confused as a cat that barks.
"I can help you get through it!" I was quick to say.
Maybe.. deep down inside I still had hope for us.
"I'm not yours to help Alina." He says and the bell rings. Chandler leaves me standing there, watching him go.
He didn't want my help. He just made it clear that he'd rather have his bad ways then be with me.
I need to just accept he rejection and move on but I can never bring myself to even think of that idea.
I trudged to class, not even caring about the fact that the tardy bell had wrung three minutes ago. The teacher, Mr. Haar, stopped his sentence as soon as I walked in.
"Alina, care to explain why you and your partner haven't turned in your project yet?" He asked me.
I frowned, What was he talking about? Then I remembered. The science project Conor and I were working on!
I searched though the faces that were watching me, until I spotted Conor. He had a smirk on his face. But it wasn't one of those amused ones, no. It was sort of sad.
I haven't talked to him in forever! I completely blew him off. Gosh, why am I such a bad person?! I guess the only reason I haven't seen him in a while was because he thought we needed to stop whatever was starting to form in between us for his future mates sake. And to top that off, it's probably my fault that we're both going to get an F now.
"I'll give you until tomorrow to complete the assignment or else the both of you will receive a 0." Mr. Haar tells us and I could hear some students whispering that it wasn't fair. I smiled, relieved.
"Thank you."
Quickly, I sat in the seat closest to Conor. I tried getting his attention while the teacher was helping someone, but he wouldn't look at me.
"Psssst, Conor!" I whispered across the aisle.
He started playing flappy bird on his phone, ignoring me :/
So that's how it's gonna be? I exaggerated a sigh and pulled out a note book and then started tearing out pieces of paper. I crumbled the papers up into sphere's.
I started chucking the balls directly to the side of his face. I was like a ninja from the speed that they were going!
Conor turned his head to me in frustration, but another paper ball accidentally slipped from my hand, and it went flying right in the middle of his eyes. Oops.
I had a forced smile on my face to keep from laughing. Apparently Conor didn't think I was funny. He looked more then irritated, ( on a scale from 1-10 he was a 16). At least I got his attention.
"What?!" He hissed.
"I'm sorry."
"About dissing me or hitting me in the face?" I could see his usual teasing ness
Stirring in his eyes. I felt a huge load of weight being lifted off my chest.
"Both, I really am Conor." I say honestly and he smiles, picking the crumbled balls up and dunking them into the nearest trash can.
"I guess I can forgive you... but I won't if you make me fail science." He says with a grin and I find myself too.
"How about we meet up at Starbucks and work on it after school." I suggested.
"Yeah, that'd be good."
-- After school --
I parked my car, ( see the authors note for details), into the Starbucks parking lot. I saw Conor's beat up car across the lot, letting me know that he was already inside so I started making my way inside. I opened the door and was greeted by the smell of fresh ground coffee brewing. I inhaled the magnificent scent deeply. This place gives me good vibes.
Conor was sitting at a little table by the window, papers scattered everywhere and two cups of coffee on the edge.
Bath and body works should have a Starbucks fragrance, I thought as I sat across from Conor.
"Hey, you." I say happily and take a sip of the coffee I thought was mine. I felt giddy inside from the warmth it was giving me.
"Hey, so I'm guessing you wanted to come here because they don't serve meat right?" Conor says referring to me being a vegetarian. I shook my head.
"No I'm just a basic white girl who craves Starbucks." I corrected him and we both laugh. I take out two pills from my pocket and pop them in my mouth, swallowing them. These are going to get me back on track, I tell myself. I look up to see Conor watching me. He had a funny expression on his face.
"What are those?" He asks me and I feel like I've been caught doing something bad. I turn to a random paper that was lay'd out and I start writing, aware of Conor still staring at my face.
"Alina?" He sounds more alert now and I look up.
"It's Vivarin (name brand), they help me do better in school." I tell him but his eyes let me know that he's not convinced. We just stare at each other until he sighs, giving up. I turn back to my work but he still talks.
"Promise me you'll be careful."
"I promise." I say, cutting off the conversation and we both get to work, not once talking about the pills again.
Time passes by and we're already done. I was stacking papers together when the door opened and one of their late workers ran in. I could hear the girl shrieking about the bad traffic. I didn't look up, thinking nothing of it, but instantly Conor jerked up. I thought the caffeine was just getting to him, but that wasn't the case.
"Mate." The word fell out his mouth softly, adoringly.
I looked up from my papers confused and looked at him. He was staring at the Starbucks girl who had just ran behind the Conor. She turned toward us as she put on her apron and I got a good look of her. She had chocolate brown hair waved gently down to her shoulders, she seemed to have forgotten to straighten it this morning. I didn't look bad though, it suited her better loose and wavy. Her pale skin was scattered with freckles across her small pointed nose. She had a name tag on that said 'Cat'. Conor had finally found his mate. How lucky is she...
I watched as Conor just stared at her with so much love already. Thank god she didn't see him because he looked like a creep. But the thing I was wondering was how come she payed him absolutely no attention. Conor slowly got up.
"I'll meet you outside." He says and starts getting in line again.
This boy has fallen hard already.
I gathered everything, went outside and propped myself on the hood of my car waiting. I started reading some wattpad stories to distract me and not think about the fact that CONOR JUST FOUND HIS MATE!!
I mean, I knew this was going to happen but why so soon? I was just starting to enjoy his time again, as a friend, and now someone else is going to come in and all his life will be devoted to her! I just have to be happy for him.. for them.
It seemed like I was waiting forever. Conor finally came out the cafe. He looked dazed and gloomy.
"So...?" I question.
"I got her number." He said. His voice was coated in monotone.
"So then what's the problem?!" I try to say cheerfully. Conor covered his face with his hand.
"She's human."
... Ooh, well now that is a problem.
___________________________
YESSS??!! Conor found his mate, but she's human¿?
Comment your opinions ^^
I know I haven't updated in less then a week but I had a lot going on with my personal life. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.
Anyways, I went over my previous chapters and noticed that I forgot about parts like Alina's a veg. and got a car for her birthd. so just forget about that please ( I changed it) and I promise I won't forget details like that again! I'm really trying to improve this story because I've been receiving a lot of hate lately :( just remember I'm only 13 and haven't went through all English/writing courses yet.
But WHAT THE HOLY HECK IM HALF WAY TO ONE MILLION READS!!!!!! I hope we can get to 1m bc if we do I'll write a very special/shocking chapter ;()
ALSO I got locked out my Instagram so I had to make a new one! My new one is Gabbyw00d so you can please follow that one! (I lost my goal :(
Until next time, Gabby