Hipocrasies and Escapes

Start from the beginning

The kids got out of school early the next day. I decided to head to the Wyrm with Jughead and see Toni before I began to pack for my overnight trip in New York. I'd also make sure FP knew to take care of him.
"Why aren't you in school? Madison let you-"
I turned around to see FP looking at Jug. I crossed my arms.
"They got out early for Christmas break, FP. Don't do that. It's gonna give you wrinkles," I rolled my eyes and began helping Toni once again.
"You can hold down the fort here with Madison." FP spoke to Jughead.
"FP," I called to him and Tall Boy.
"I have to leave tonight to go to New York. Jug is gonna stay with you tonight," I spoke.
"What the hell do you need to do in New York?" He asked me, concerned.
"I didn't realize we were supposed to tell each other things," I feigned innocence. "But since you so kindly asked, I have a shoot there for Vogue. I have to just spend the night then I'll be home tomorrow night."
He got closer to me, and began to whisper. "Look, can we please just talk?"
My eyes drifted to Tall Boy. "Right now?" I asked him, crossing my arms, static building up as my fingers slid over the black sweater I wore.
"No. Soon. When you get back." FP spoke as his eyes searched my face. I looked at him directly in the eye.
"No games," I spoke. "You wanna fix this? I need honesty and I need a good damn story." I explained to him.
The man nodded and I walked over to Toni as FP began to speak harshly to Jughead.
I hated how strained their relationship had become. They were making such good progress.
As FP and Tall Boy left, towing Sweet Pea behind instead of Jughead, the boy frowned before helping Fang with a gift.
"What time are you leaving for New York?" Toni asked me.
"You wanna come, don't you," I smiled at the young girl, who blushed but nodded.
"I've never really left Riverdale."
"I can smuggle you," I smirked. "Jug, I'm taking Toni with me,"
The teenage boy gave me a small smile and a nod.
I guess I'm bringing more luggage than I initially planned.

Toni and I left for New York around six at night, driving down the empty highways as people quickly prepared themselves for Christmas.
I hoped this would be a painless shoot. Usually the Vogue models were nice and funny young women, but I hoped nothing had changed during my period of inactivity.
"What happened between you and FP?" Toni asked me after a few moments of comfortable silence. She was munching on a twizzler as she asked me this.
"FP lies to Jughead and I about something very important. Neither of them will tell me what happened. So when we get back to Riverdale, FP and I are going to talk, and see if it's worth it to figure out."
"We all were rooting for you, if it makes it any better," Toni sighed. "We all really wanted you to make it. You're good for him. You made us feel like we mattered."
I gave the young girl a small smile as I looked at her. "It's because you do matter, Toni,"

 "It's because you do matter, Toni,"

The shoot was great. Our models were awesome, and I even managed to sneak some pics of Toni, that I would surprise her with as a Christmas present.
We strolled around the shopping district, and had a fun time talking about girl stuff. Toni was a really great girl, and I was so happy that she trusted me.
Now, we were back to reality. The Welcome to Riverdale signs approached faster than I had hoped. I dropped the young girl off at home, before heading over to see Betty. She had texted me saying that I needed to come over as soon as I got home.
I walked into the Cooper house, greeted by Alice. She gave me a sad smile, and remedies that with a Santa sugar cookie. "Thanks, Alice," I smiled and from my bag I handed her the small box holding her Christmas present. It wasn't anything extravagant, but it was matching rings for her and Hal.
She gave me a wide smile and a hug before I found my way upstairs.
"Is that," I pointed to the odd shape on the ground. "A finger?"
"Madison... we need to tell you something."
The two teenagers went on about Mr Svenson, and how his family was murdered, and how they now have a severed finger and the Black Hood has Betty's phone number.
"How in the world did you two manage to do this?" I asked them, taking my brother and his friend into a hug.
"I'm scared," Betty whispered as she hugged me.
I kissed the girl's forehead before letting both of them from my grasp. "I know, Betty, I know."

I ended up back at the trailer, somehow. I sat cross legged on the sofa, holding boxes for both Jughead, and FP.
There were two duffle bags that sat on the table and we both looked at the door when FP walked in.
"You two look in these?" FP asked and I shook my head, standing to set the presents under their very small tree.
"No, we have respect for you," Jughead said. "Your parole officer, Walsh, apparently was very interested," I crossed my arms and looked at FP.
"Walsh was here?" FP asked.
"Jughead called me when he showed. We managed to get him out. We just want you ok, FP. That's all," I spoke to him with honesty.
FP leaked over to unzip the bags.
"Christmas gifts. For you, and your mom and Jellybean."
Fuck, I forgot they existed.
"I was thinking we could take a ride to Toledo, and see them," FP spoke, not making eye contact with me.
Did he think I would be upset? He had a life before me. I can't be upset with him for having lived, for having had a family.
"Dad... this isn't gonna work. Today is gifts... tomorrow it's drugs or weapons, or god knows what."
FP threw his hands in the air and began to walk away.
"This isn't gonna work. What happens when Penny's favors keep getting bigger, because you know they will? What do you do when she wants more serpents!" Jughead pushed and I walked over to him, setting a warning hand on his shoulder.
"I bring more Serpents," FP spoke. "You're right, this isn't gonna work, you staying her. Go back to Maddy's house, or Fred or Betty-"
"I split with Betty," Jughead frowned and I felt my lips purse into a tight line.
"What do you want me to say?" FP yelled.
"I just wanna help fix this mess I made," Jughead spike with watery eyes.
"We are trapped! If I have to be Penny's dancing monkey for the time being, then that's how this goes," FP ran his hands down his face. "Get this through your thick skull, Jughead. We're trapped."
I reached a hand out to FP, almost touching him before he jerked away from me.
"I'm gonna get some rest. God knows I have a long night ahead of me."
I sighed and took Jughead into a hug, cupping his cheeks in my hand.
"Come on, you can stay with me." I spoke and quickly grabbed a bag full of his clothes. I wasn't going to leave him homeless, I would help my boy.