Chapter Twenty-Four: Welcome to the World

Caitlyn fanned herself waddling out of her bedroom, she was now nine months and it was nearing the end of April; the brunette had never been more uncomfortable in her life and she had grown more irritable lately.

Gail smiled at Caitlyn entering the kitchen, she knew that Caitlyn was coming up to her due date and she was sure that the baby would be coming soon.

“How do you feel?” Gail asked watching Caitlyn sit down, knowing that the sooner that the baby came the better; Caitlyn rested a hand on her ever so swollen stomach and glared at Gail, she just wanted this baby out of her.

“The baby will come any day now,” the housekeeper said trying to Caitlyn’s spirits; Cristiano had been kicked out of the bedroom two weeks ago and she knew that he missed his wife especially since Caitlyn wasn’t allowing him anywhere near her.

“It’ll be today,” Caitlyn said taking a sip of orange juice, she hadn’t told anyone yet but she’d been having contractions since the early hours of the morning and they were slowly getting closer together.

Gail raised an eyebrow at the brunette, she had a feeling that Caitlyn was in the early stages of labour and just wasn’t telling anyone about it.

“We’ll see… have you thought about names?” Gail asked trying to keep the conversation light, she moved to serve Junior his breakfast; the couple didn’t know what they were having yet but had already discussed names for their baby.

“Henri if it’s a boy and Mila if it’s a girl,” Caitlyn said watching the little boy next to her, she couldn’t wait to have this baby out of her and she knew that she hadn’t been pleasant to be around the last week or two.

***

Cristiano yawned sitting in the meeting that Hugo had called, he hadn’t been sleeping well since Caitlyn had kicked him out of their bedroom; she was blaming him for the state that she was in and he hadn’t argued with her. “Okay so Edgar what the news from the capital?” Hugo asked knowing that they were having to focus on what was being done to fix the financial problems that the country was having; the Politian’s had been a little too quiet since the lock down four months ago and it was clear that it would come down to people like them to fix the problems.

“It’s still oddly quiet… it’s like they are waiting for something to happen,” Edgar said ignoring another yawn from Cristiano; the former footballer knew that he wasn’t very popular in the small group but he had hoped that things would get better soon.

Hugo was still forcing him to take all the dangerous jobs and Cristiano was starting to wonder if his brother was trying to kill him or something; Dolores had even talked to him about how he was treating his younger brother and Hugo had only said that he deserved it.

“I’m sorry are we keeping you awake Ronaldo,” Hugo said annoyed glaring at his younger brother, he didn’t know why he thought he was so special but he would do anything to make Cristiano suffer for trying to avoid joining the family business.

“No… it’s not this meeting, Caitlyn’s kicked me out of our room,” Cristiano said glancing around the table, he knew better to expect some pity from his older brother; it was clear that Hugo disliked him for wanting to get away but he was here now and that should have mattered more.

“When is she due?” José Pereira asked looking at his brother-in-law, he knew that the brunette was heavily pregnant but he hadn’t seen the brunette and that Cristiano was hiding her away.

“Any day now,” Cristiano said looking at José with a small smile, he got along better with his brother-in-laws than he did with his own brother.