Chapter Five: Explanations

Caitlyn nibbled on her bottom lip as she stared at herself in the mirror, she had changed out of the dress that Cristiano had given her on the private jet into a navy midi bandeau sundress in spot print paired with nude high heels.

Caitlyn was determined to get answers at dinner and she didn't care what it took to get them, she wasn’t sure why Cristiano had involved himself in her life but she had a feeling that it was in preparation for her abduction.

Caitlyn jumped at the sound of someone knocking on the front door, she stared at it for a moment before she walked towards it and opened the door; she stared confused as she looked at Cristiano, who smiled at her.

“You look confused,” Cristiano said making Caitlyn nod her head, she couldn't understand why he hadn't just walked into the room; it made her wonder if he was really as bad as people made out and if there was more to her abduction.

“Are you ready for dinner?” Cristiano asked making Caitlyn nodded her head, her stomach rumbled at the thought of food; she hadn't really eaten since she had been abducted.

Cristiano chuckled offering Caitlyn his hand, he knew that she was going to be wary of him but he hoped that she would warm up to him sooner rather than later, he didn't know what he would do if anything  happened to her.

Caitlyn stared at his hand for a second before she ignored it and stepped out of the bedroom, she closed the door behind her as she raised an eyebrow at the footballer.

“You know that I want answers tonight, right?” Caitlyn said making Cristiano sighed before he started to lead her to the dining room, he had a feeling that she was going to fight him at every corner.

***

“Okay, what do you want to know?” Cristiano asked handing her a glass of wine, Caitlyn furrowed her brow curiously; she wondered what his angle was with all of this and she had a feeling that it was going to be a long night.

“Why did you abduct me?” Caitlyn asked knowing that she needed to know why he had gone through with this instead of talking to her; she couldn't understand why someone like Cristiano Ronaldo had resorted in abducting someone.

“I’m not sure how to start this… it’s a little complicated,” Cristiano said looking at his glass of water, he swallowed Caitlyn deserved to know what was going on and how much danger that she was really in; he didn't want her getting hurt if something were to happen.

“I guess I should start with the fact that you’re boyfriend isn’t as lazy as you think, he does some odd jobs for a former friend of mine,” Cristiano said looking at Caitlyn, she furrowed her brow wondering what the footballer was talking about; in the two years that she had been with Dylan and she had never seen him lift a finger in his life. 

“He’s a hacker and my former friend is a loan shark… not someone that you want to piss off,” Cristiano said watching Caitlyn, he could see that she was confused and he hoped that he would be able to answer all of her questions.

Caitlyn stared at Cristiano thinking about the amount of time that Dylan had spent on his computer; she suddenly felt sick as she realised that he had been lying to her.

“Dylan stole something from someone and they want it back, I know that you have no reason to believe me but I did this to protect you, in exchange for his safety he offered the loan shark you,” Cristiano said making Caitlyn blink as she felt sick, she didn't want to believe his lies but she had a feeling that she really didn't want to know anymore.

Cristiano watched her knowing that this would hurt her, she didn't deserve what had happened and he hoped that she would understand when he explained things to her; he had a lot more in life than people knew he had.

“You expect me to believe this?” Caitlyn said looking at him, she started to doubt everything that Cristiano was telling her; she didn't want to believe him and she didn't know how he could know about this. 

“I know that this is hard but from the moment that I first saw you, I knew that I couldn’t allow anything to happen to you,” Cristiano said trying to take her hand but Caitlyn pulled away as she glared at him.

Cristiano stared at her taken back for a moment; he could see that she was trying to reason that he was lying to her and this wasn’t going to end well.

“Caitlyn por favor,” Cristiano said trying to think of ways that he could prove to her that he was being honest, he didn't want her to shut herself off from him; it was killing him that she didn't trust him right now.

Caitlyn stared at him as her instincts screamed at her that something wasn’t right, there was something about Cristiano right now that started to tell her that she should walk away while she still could; she watched him for a moment wondering what he was hiding.

“I know that there is so much that you need to know but right now there are certain things that I can’t tell you,” Cristiano said watching Caitlyn, he could see that she wasn’t going to like what he had to tell her when the time came but he hoped that Caitlyn would understand.

Caitlyn watched him for a moment before she glanced at the door wanting to get away.

“If you want to go back to your room then you can, I won’t stop you,” Cristiano said making her look at him; he could see that she needed time to process what he had told her.

***

“Ricardo demands that you return her,” Taylor said looking at his boss, Caitlyn had locked herself in her bedroom and Cristiano knew that it would be a while before he would be able to show her that he had done this for the right reasons.

“Tell him that my offer still stands… Caitlyn is my fiancée and there is nothing he can say that will change that,” Cristiano said defiantly, he didn't care what it took he was going to make sure that Caitlyn was completely safe.

Caitlyn was going to be in for a shock when she was dragged into his world, it was one that people hardly saw and yet one that controlled everything.

Cristiano took a deep breath to calm him, he didn't care what it took but he knew that he couldn't allow Ricardo to get his hands on Caitlyn; he would make her life a living hell and he couldn't stand the thought of what the loan shark had planned for the brunette.

“I want you to keep an eye on Caitlyn,” Cristiano said looking at his head of security, he knew that if Ricardo were to find Caitlyn then he wouldn’t be able to save her from him; once Caitlyn was in Ricardo’s clutches then Cristiano knew that he had lost her for good.

“Give her some space… but she isn’t to leave the yacht alone,” Cristiano said running a hand through his hair, he took a calming breath before he dismissed Taylor for the night; he leant back in his office chair and closed his eyes knowing that this was only the beginning.

Cristiano doubted that Caitlyn was going to make this easy on him and when they went to shore for the first time then there was a chance that she could escape.