The safety of his arms (fluff)

This chapter contains lovey dovey Daniel and (as always) innocent David. Enjoy!

—————————-

"Morning, Davy", I hear a deep and familiar voice whisper into my ear. The warm bedsheets remind me of our cuddling session that took place the previous night. I flutter my eyelids open and look around at the small, but comfy, room. I then yawn and stretch before turning to face the man in bed next to me. "G'morning, Daniel."

Oh my god, I couldn't begin to express to you the amount of love that I held in my heart for this man. I appreciated every single thing he did for me, whether it be keeping me warm and secure in his arms, his wonderful cooking, or the way he spoke to me. He didn't treat me like a little kid, despite my child-like tendencies. He understood me, something that didn't seem too hard until you read in between the lines of my body language and speech. Everybody underestimated me when he didn't. And the way that just his existence alone motivated me to wake up in the morning really did it for me. Well, that and his amazing physique and (questionable) approach to love.

"Hey babe, you alright?", Daniel asks, sitting up, his worried expression reminding me of how much he cared for me."W-what? Oh, right, yeah. I'm fine", I say whilst trying to recover from my deep thoughts about him and how much I adored him. "You sure? Your face is bright red, and I can only think of one reason why."

"What are you talking abo-", I weakly say before Daniel got on top of me, pressing his forehead against mine.

"Hmmm, it doesn't seem like you're running a fever." "S-shut up", I stammer back with a bright red face. I was on the brink of nervous sweating, despite us being a couple and all. I knew he was teasing me, but I couldn't help but be reeled into it the scene. It was his eyes. His secret weapon.

Well, besides his ritual knife.

"Hey, I'm just messing with you. I love you.", he quickly remarked.

I sigh and try to sit up, remembering that Daniel is about ten times as strong as I'll ever be. He kept me pinned to the bed like a trap. It was like trying to move a boulder off of me! A hot boulder at that...

"Um, Danny, could you let me get up?"

"Not until you repeat it."

"R-repeat what?"

"That you love me."

"C'mon, I have to pee-"

"Say it and I'll let you goooooo~"

"Ah, I love you!"

And with that, he got up and let me be. Or so I thought.

Not a moment later Daniel scooped me up and plopped me down on the brown, fluffy couch in the next room. He had to push some dirty clothes and stray CD's with his foot out of the way so he could walk easily until we finally settled down. I was always an organized person, well, until Daniel began staying in my cabin twenty four seven. Even though he was a cult leader who only wore white because other colors made him feel "dirty", he was still a bit of a chaotic mess. Nothing too slobby, but if you left him unattended he would unintentionally bury himself in this own trash as the weeks passed by.

"Hey, what are you doing?!?" Is the line that snaps me back to the present with me being put on the couch as a follow up. "I just wanna show you how much I love you~"

And with that, he sat next to me and started cuddling me. No, more like holding me in a tight embrace. It felt territorial almost. I mean, who else would I go to? I loved Daniel and Daniel alone.

I then wrapped a blanket around the both of us that was left astray on the floor earlier just to feel a tad bit closer to Danny. Without me realizing, the cuddling had turned into me, laying down on Daniel's lap whilst he rubbed circles into my back. It felt heavenly.

With the onset of stress the camp and campers had been giving me lately, I needed a nice back rub.

Daniel then began to whisper sweet nothings into my ear, making me shiver at the fact his hot breath hit my soft, tender skin. Now tracing my back with his masterful fingers, he said,

"Davy, I love you so incredibly much. I know I'm just one man, but I swear, I will protect you until the very end. Whether you will still love me or not, I will keep you safe. Even if it means keeping you in my arms all to myself."

Despite the short and sweetness of it, he said this incredibly slowly, just to let it sink in. Daniel wasn't the expressive type, so this was astonishing. To put it simply, I was speechless. This was the most sincere thing Daniel had said to me since the beginning of our relationship. Sure, he said things here and there that meant a lot, but this- this was something to remember.

"Danny..."

"Yes?"

"... I love you too. I know you know that all too well, but I wanna thank you for all that you do for me. I mean, you hold me tight, say wonderful things to me, cook for me, and... you keep me alive."

"Davy, I don't know what to say-"

"-then don't say anything. Stay in the silence. It's comforting when you're around. Let it envelope you and make you realize that all you need is right here."

I then worried that Daniel maybe thought I was trying to shut him up. Oh god, what have I done?!

I felt panicked until I heard one word escape his mouth.

"Alright."

I then decided that I hadn't done anything wrong (thankfully) and started to relax again. The rubbing on my back felt like being transported into another universe, and Daniel was the only other inhabitant.

——————

The two men then sat, with the red head's body rested on the blonde's, in silence. The quiet was nice. Glances of longing were exchanged from forest green eyes to impeccable, bold blue eyes. They both now knew the love that the other held for them and there was nothing to change that. David stayed in the strong, loving arms of Daniel until he really needed to be productive. At least, that's what David told the cultist. In reality, he had been overwhelmed with appreciation and love for his handsome boyfriend and decided he needed a bathroom break.

This "break" consisted of the giddy man writing down how he felt in his diary before quickly putting the book away, splashing cold water on to his face, looking at himself in the mirror, and whispering-

"David, you are one lucky man."

And indeed he was. He was reassured by the safety he felt in his arms.