Chapter 7: Eh? How Did This Happen?

A/N

Hey everyone,

Thank you for your patience with me.

Without further ado, I present the next chapter in the tale being spun by our Cupid!

Video: Khandaani Shafakhana, Sheher Ki Ladki.....because it grew on me....

********************************************************

Even after checking for the upteempth time, there was still no hmail from Dadimom. Wonder what was taking her so long to reply to my mail? Hope everything was fine with her & dadu!

With the smidgen of worry lacing my thoughts, I entered the loud and upbeat restobar & pub; Club Cabo. This was Riya's favourite haunt and the stage for where she will be meeting Ali.

As expected, Riya was sitting at her favourite spot; the bar, drowning shot after shot after shot, as if she was the parched earth and Vodka the life-giving rain.

She was all alone....trying to dislocate the sting of Neil's snub from earlier today, with the burn of alcohol.

I slid on the empty stool besides her and randomly ordered a drink. The moment the bartender turned, with a surreptitious snap of my fingers, the drink's base evaporated.

His stiffened shoulders and the panic reflected off the mirror on the wall behind the bar, when he realized he was all out of his cocktails base, almost made me change my plan, almost.

Is everything alright?, I asked the bartender with genuine sympathy? Riya was too lost in her glass to notice anything amiss.

Your drink will be with you in just a moment sir, the poor guy replied with fake confidence, while he repeatedly tried calling his manager for help.

But of course, his call wouldn't connect nor could he leave his post empty.

You look worried? Tell me, maybe I can help?, I offered with a sneak of enthusiasm.

It's weird, but 'm all out of the base for the drinks.

Why is it weird? Didn't you check your stock before opening for the day?

Of course I checked it! In fact, I got the latest batch delivered today itself.

What is weird is that the evening hasn't even started yet and am already out of stock!!

You mean the bottles are gone?

No, just the spirit, the bottles are all here...prettily sitting bimbos!

Wait, you said spirit right?

Yes...?