Six months later...

Sanem had left, but she hadn't gone far. She traveled to Bodrum, on the Agean coast, where she leased a small house near Gümüşlük beach, off of Rabbit Island. The area was peaceful, but friendly; she loved to visit with the fishermen early in the mornings, and enjoy their fresh catch for lunch and dinner. Each day, she walked along the beach, listening to the lapping of the waves against the shore, and the cries of the gulls flying overhead. While she was not happy, she was content.

She still carried Can in her heart, just as she's promised all those months ago. Her thoughts and dreams were full of images of him – of them – some real, others imagined. While images consoled and tormented her in equal measure, she remained firm in her resolve. She knew he needed the time and the distance to decide what he wanted for his future. And she, in turn, needed the time and the distance to decide how she would live her live if he was not in it. As much as the possibility made her very soul ache, she knew she would not struggle as she had when Can had left years ago. She was stronger now, and braver. She knew she would endure, although she prayed every day that she would not have to.

She also took solace in her writing. Despite her fears that her inspiration had forsaken her, Sanem's new surroundings had encouraged a creative renaissance. She was busily working away at the outline for her new novel.

Due to the tireless efforts of Bulut, Sanem had severed her professional relationship with Yigit's publishing company. She had severed her personal relationship with him long before she had left Istanbul. Once she had learned about the extent of his lies, and his involvement in the theft of her creams, she had silenced his protests in a move Can would have been pleased with – a surprisingly strong punch to his jaw! Just thinking of it made Sanem smile, even if her knuckles still twinge a bit. Yigit was gone – he had fled the country in disgrace, with his business mired in criminal charges and civil litigation. A fitting end for someone who had caused so much damage.

Signed to a new publisher, Sanem would be publishing her second novel next year. In a matter of months however, she would be publishing a different book, and the timing could not be more perfect. Inspired by the news that Leyla and Emre were expecting their first child, the sea birds she saw daily, and her memories of Can, Sanem had written a children's book. In The Lonely Albatross, she told the story of a young bird who becomes lost following a bad storm, and who meets all manner of new friends before finding his way to his true home. In an amazing twist of fate, Sanem discovered that CeyCey's wide range of talents included illustration – his images brought her story to life, and she loved working with her dear friend.

While the book would not bereleased until next month, Sanem had already received a number of advancecopies - she would bring one with her when she returned to Istanbul next week.With Leyla's due date fast approaching, she had asked her sister to come home tovisit, and to save her from the incessant 'help' of her mother, andmother-in-law! For her beloved sister, and her new niece or nephew, Sanem couldbrave Huma, her family, and her memories. She would even survive seeing Can, when the time came.