...

When Beck walked through the white swing doors to the hospital waiting room, he was only slightly surprised to see four of his friends sat there playing uno on the floor, three pizza boxes resting on Andre's lap. 

"Y'know, you didn't all have to come," he greeted, knowing full well that they would disagree. The sound of his voice made their heads turn and before he could even register it, both girls were charging towards him.

"Beck!" they yelled almost in unison, wrapping their arms around him as if just to make sure he was still there.

"Easy, girls. He was just in a car crash, remember?" Andre warned, making Tori and Cat pull back. They would've been embarrassed if they hadn't been so worried.

Beck just laughed. "You got the pizza?"

"What Jade wants Jade gets," Andre shrugged. They looked pretty insane compared to the other people in the waiting room on a Friday night, but they didn't seem like there was anywhere else they'd rather be.

"Jade's ridiculous," Beck stated, yet he still pulled a slice from the top box.

"Where is Jade? Is she okay?" Robbie asked. They'd gotten so caught up in the excitement of him coming that they hadn't realised she hadn't followed. 

"She's just getting a few stitches, but she's fine. I guess we were pretty lucky." He slumped down onto the floor beside them. He didn't have a clue what time it was, but the evening felt never-ending. It turned out the driver that had run them off the road had been drinking, so the police had some questions for them before they'd made it to the hospital. He was okay, aside from a few scrapes and bruises, and Jade was only a little worse. The same couldn't be said for his poor truck, though.

After he'd finished his slice of pizza, he tapped Tori on the shoulder and gestured for her to follow him to a corner of the room.

"What's up?" she asked, worried by his silence.

"Jade knows."

"About what?" His usual ambiguity was driving her crazy.

"Are you really gonna make me say it? It was pretty embarrassing-"

"Oh. That." The two of them hadn't really talked much about their almost kiss since it happened. He hadn't really been over Jade at the time and ever since they got back together, it was easier to keep it from her if he never really thought about it. Beck was one of Tori's best friends and it was much easier to keep it that way if they never addressed what almost was.

"So, you told her?" She questioned. 

"No, but I wish I had. Something about Cat not hanging up the video call. The point is, she's known the whole time and I just though that you should know." Beck hated secrets, but no one was completely transparent all of the time.

Tori took a second to register the new information. It made sense, why she'd given up her spot at the record company and been ever so slightly nicer to her ever since.

"So you two were fighting in the car," she guessed. He didn't nod, but she took the look on his face as a 'yes' regardless. "About me?"

"Among other things. Moose too, in case you were feeling special," he joked wearily, resting against the bare white wall.

"Ah."

He cocked an eyebrow. "You knew?"

"Not for certain, but I assumed as much. Especially after she wanted nothing to do with our apology song. I've gotten pretty good at picking up when she's on a revenge kick." She looked into his tired eyes a last time. "You sure you're okay?"

"I'm all good, Vega. Don't worry about me," he smiled, though it seemed forced, and ruffled her hair, returning to the group before she could say anything else.

 Jade appeared through the same doors a few minutes later. She seemed less than impressed by her friends running at her, but Beck saw her smile a little while they were hugging, once she was sure their backs were turned. She then took a seat with the rest of them, helping herself to a box of Omar's pizza from Andre's lap.

"Thanks for pretending to be my dad on the phone again, Rob. Didn't really want them calling either of my actual parents," Jade mumbled. She wasn't great at thank yous, but she was getting better. 

"No problem, it's actually pretty fun." The looks on everyone else's faces told her that maybe he he'd had a little too much fun with it, but as long as it worked she didn't really care much. 

They stayed in the waiting room until all the pizza was gone. It was nice that all their friends came out to see them, though it wasn't long before the two of them decided they were ready to go home. It had been a long day after all.

Jade had arranged for Andre to give them a ride home earlier, but when they walked out into the parking lot, Beck's mom was already waiting. They said their goodbyes to the others, before peeling away from the group and heading off towards her. She was sat on a bench expectantly, Robin sat beside her doodling in a pocket coloring book.

As soon as they reached her, Zahra was engulfing them both in a hug. Beck knew the cops had called her, but it hadn't really occurred to him that she would show up. 

"First and foremost, are you both okay?" she asked as she pulled away. Robin put her colouring down and ran at Jade's legs. She knelt down to properly hug her, feeling extra thankful that she hadn't been in the car with them.

"We're fine, mom. Just a few scrapes and bruises," Beck replied, holding out his arms to prove that nothing was broken. After scanning them both top to bottom, she nodded, happy with his response.

"Then lets get you two three home," she announced, picking up Robin's coloring before heading over to her car.

They filled his mom in on what happened on the drive to Jade's house. Well, most of what'd happened, neither felt like their fight was that really relevant to the story. If Zahra was skeptical, she didn't show it, instead turning up the radio and opening the windows to let the cool evening air blow through their hair.

They sat still for a moment once the car pulled in to the driveway. It felt odd for her to be leaving two teenagers alone in a big house with a six year old, though now wasn't the time to say it.

"Robin's eaten already, we made pizza earlier," she told them, and Beck cracked a smile.

"Thank you so much for your help, Zahra. I honestly don't know what I would've done without you," Jade spoke, with rare sincerity.

"Anytime, baby girl, you know that," Jade nodded and got out of the car, before walking around to help her sister out. Beck held back for a second.

"I'll be home on Sunday, Mom. J's dad is coming and she says she won't put me through it."

He felt bad about the amount of time he had been spending away from home recently, but he couldn't bare leaving Jade alone at the moment. He knew his parents understood, but he also knew it felt like their only kid had moved out already.

"I'll see you then," was all she replied, leaning over to peck his cheek. 

Robin went to bed almost as soon as they got in, worn out from all the cooking. Usually, this meant they would watch a movie together that they couldn't watch with kids around, though today they were pretty tired too.

Beck looked over to his girlfriend, who was perched on the other side of the couch.

"Wanna go snuggle in bed?"

"Hell yes."

I'll push you back ✄ badeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें