"My schedule has been quite empty recently," Damien muttered, "you guys have a meeting coming up I assume?"

"Tomorrow morning actually, so I would appreciate it if you would hurry up and tell me why you've called." He grumbled.

Damien nodded and let his feet carry him to pace around the garage.

"I need a favour Matteo. I'm asking this of you because you're my oldest and one of my biggest clients."

"This sounds serious." Matteo laughed.

When Damien didn't respond the Italian's laughter ceased.

"Well, what is it?"

"I've been usurped."

Matteo's laughter started up again, this time in disbelief, rather than amusement.

"You?! Damien how did this happen." He asked after he settled down a bit.

"I've been...distracted." He admitted while running a hand through his hair.

"So, what do you want me to do?"

Damien's eyes widened in shock. He didn't expect things to run so smoothly. In fact, when he got Matteo on board years ago, it had taken him months of meetings and favours before he finally agreed to do business with him.

"I need to attend this meeting that you guys are having but it needs to be kept on the down low"

A pause sounded for a moment.

"What are you planning to do exactly?"

"I'm going to kill him."

~

The next morning, Damien was at Matteo's penthouse before the birds. Luckily, the Italian requested for the meeting to be held at his own place—he liked being in control, similar to himself.

After the call ended between them, he got in one of his cars and drove to Matteo's place because he knew that he wasn't going to get anymore sleep until this was dealt with.

"It's nice to see you again." The Italian called out while adjusting his cufflinks.

Damien nodded and shook his hand firmly.

"You look a little rough around the edges amico mio."

Damien chuckled and ran his hand through his messy strands. Something he'd been doing constantly for the last few hours.

"I'm just ready to see the bastard bleed."

Matteo shook his head and frowned.

"Can you try not to be too messy? I just got my floors redone."

Before Damien could respond, there was a firm knock on the door in a seemingly coded sequence.

Matteo gave Damien a look and he nodded, before heading to the door to let in the guests.

Damien could hear the Italian making small talk with the people he let in and his blood boiled at the sound of Liam's laughter.

"Right over here." He heard as they rounded the corner.

As soon as they were visible, Damien shot the first 2 men accompanying Liam in the chest but the last one seemed to actually know what he was doing.

He shot at Damien and it grazed his side, causing him to hiss and clutch at the bloody wound.

Damien rose his gun and shot at the man's arm successfully, but the guy refused to give up.

Making a rookie mistake, he ran at Damien, giving him the perfect opportunity to shoot him in the head.

He fell to the floor with a thud, which then allowed Damien to shift his focus to Liam, who could be heard struggling with the lock on the front door.

Damien took his time reaching Liam, before grabbing him by the collar of his shirt and dragging him back to where the dead bodies were.

He threw him to the ground and Liam screamed, causing Damien to give him a look.

"You're a such a fucking pussy Liam." He laughed. "Clearly three men weren't enough to keep your ass safe." He taunted, getting closer to the traitor.

Liam scrambled to his feet and tried to keep an impassive face present, but his mask started to crack the closer Damien stalked towards him.

"Look, Damien, even if you do kill me, you're not going to get everyone to trust you again. You know that right?" He said with forced laughter.

"I don't give 2 shits about the people down there." Damien said before shooting his leg.

"Shit!" Liam screamed while hobbling backwards.

"You should know better than anyone what happens when people try to fuck with me." Damien said before shooting him again in his opposite leg.

"Can't we talk about this?!" Liam screamed as he dropped to the floor.

"What's there to talk about?" Damien turned to face Matteo with a questioning look, "is there something I forgot to mention or..."

Matteo shrugged and sipped what looked to be an alcoholic beverage.

"I mean, I don't think so?"

Damien nodded his head and turned back to Liam who was in the process of crawling away.

"Where do you think you're going?" He laughed before shooting him in the back.

Liam let out another pained scream and dropped to the floor, giving up on his escape.

Matteo frowned at all the blood and called out to Damien.

"Can we keep the bullet wounds to a minimum, 'cause..." He said gesturing to the floors.

Damien rolled his eyes and turned back to Liam who was now bleeding profusely, on the verge of passing out. He walked over to face him and bent down to make eye contact with him.

"Did you really think that you could get rid of me that easily?"

Liam mumbled gibberish and his eyes fluttered close.

"Hey, hey." Damien said while slapping his face. "Don't fall asleep on me now."

"Fucking motherfucker!" Liam screamed when Damien pressed his thumb into one of his wounds.

"I'm glad that I have your attention." He said with a smile. "You know, when I came here, I was just going to kill you." He started while spinning the pistol on his forefinger. "I mean I'm still going to kill you but now I think that I'm going to reclaim what's rightfully mine." Damien smirked, making sure to maintain eye contact with what was barely left of a man.

"What do you think about that?"

"Fuck you!" Liam swore before spitting blood in his face.

Damien cringed and wiped the saliva off with a handkerchief from his breast pocket before shooting him in the neck, causing blood to gush out of his carotid artery, which essentially led him to choke and die on his own blood.

"Fucking disgusting." He muttered, swiping at his face again.

"Damien, I told you—"

"I'll pay for your fucking floors."