~ V. ~

The History of Auras.

    Auras, or spirits gifted to few people, are said to come from the great gods. Those who obtain one are treated as if they are the 'Chosen One'. Obtaining an aura meant that you had a high position in society and daily living, and it was similar to being treated like royalty.

    There are bad auras and good auras, but it always depended on the kind of person that obtained one. So you can imagine how shocked everyone was when someone was neither good or bad.

    Auras always took one the form of animals, but there were no obtainers with auras that had the form of an animal at the top of a food chain. So you can imagine how shocked everyone was when someone was born with an aura in the form of a lion.

    When Mark Lee was born, he was gifted the aura of a lion. His parents knew about the history of other auras, so they knew that their son was someone special. They didn't question it much, though. 

    Mark grew up quieter than most kids and he knew he was different. Most people noticed his abnormal aura and they avoided him because of it. He didn't mind being alone, since his parents continued to love him unconditionally.

    Mark's family eventually heard about a program specifically for people who obtained auras in Seoul, so they moved him there almost immediately. He spent his ninth birthday moving into a brand new house in a country that spoke a language he had only heard his parents speak when gossiping with relatives. But he knew it was for the best, and he knew his parents had good intentions.

    Mark attended the special school for five months before t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶c̶i̶d̶e̶n̶t̶ he stopped attending. The reason behind it was b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶u̶r̶a̶ for personal reasons. 

    H̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶e̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶.̶ He knew that it couldn't have been helped.

    H̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶e̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶o̶w̶e̶r̶. He knew that it wasn't his fault.

    H̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶e̶n̶t̶s̶'̶ ̶d̶e̶a̶t̶h̶. After all, it led him to meet Taeyong.

    H̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶e̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶r̶i̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶C̶a̶n̶a̶d̶a̶. After all, it led him to meet Donghyuck.

      Donghyuck. One single word that silence every thought in his mind. One that can get rid of every regret and doubt he ever had in a split second. One that can almost make him believe that he deserves to live.

      "One day, Minhyung, you will find someone who you will love more than anything in the whole world. Even more than you love me. When you do find that someone, never let them go."

    His mother's words echoed in the silence of his mind. When he first heard his mother's advice he thought it was absurd. He didn't believe he would love anyone more than his mother, or that anyone would ever love him.

    But that all changed when he met Donghyuck. He knew he loved the boy more than his own mother, and he even felt a little guilty about it. His whole perspective on the subject had changed the moment he saw the boy's smile for the first time.

    Never let them go.

    Don't worry, Mom. I'll keep Donghyuck around until the day I die. And even then, my heart will forever be his.

~

sorry about the short chapter! its kind of just a little filler while I try to find enough motivation to update a full one lmao

but it sort of gives a little back story to mark, and I will probably do this again with another member in a few more chapters.

like I said before, sorry for the short chapter, but I will work on something bigger sometime soon!

-p.b.