↳ v.

v. noodles and jokes.
doesn't matter who you are, people will always have weird opinions about you.

━━ ✧˖*°࿐

━━ ✧˖*°࿐

The whole day had been sort of a blur. School was normal, except the fact that Nancy was not present for most of the day. And what Alice found even more suspicious was the fact that Jonathan wasn't, too. She understood the whole thing about her needing some time to get herself together, she understood that her best friend needed to be left alone. But now, it was just her not showing up to most classes which she wouldn't normally do, under any circumstances. There hadn't been a single call from Nancy, and neither was she home when the girl decided to drop by. Alice was starting to think that something was definitely up, something she had no clue about. While she intended to find out, she figured maybe she could do normal things for a while — going to the record store, movies, the comic book store!

For some reason, Steve's words from the night of the party replayed themselves in her mind. 'Why don't you have a boyfriend?' He'd asked. Alice had replied with the same answer she gave everyone who asked her that annoying question. But the truth was, she didn't know if she would ever find who was worth her while. All the boys wanted was to get laid, and once that intention was fulfilled, they didn't even look back. The whole concept of dating scared her. It was portrayed to be so easy and satisfying in the movies, and the books, but it wasn't easy in reality. People can leave you as quickly as they love you. Just like her mother had done, with her father and her. She'd left, with one pathetic excuse for an explanation, and moved on. Alice never let that get her upset, she'd done a rather great job at avoiding the whole subject altogether. She knew if she didn't, it would feed off of her happiness. Nobody wanted that.

As she was about to get in her impala, a masculine voice stopped her and for some very odd reason, she smiled at the sound but she covered it as quickly as it came. She turned around to face Steve who was wearing a black sweater underneath his denim jacket, and his sunglasses were hooked on his sweater. A strand of his soft, brown hair fell right in front of his eyes as it usually did, and he his pink lips were framed into a smile. "Alice."

"Steve," The blonde cocked a brow, gesturing him to state his business with her. "I was just, uh..." he trailed off, looking down. "I was wondering if maybe you wanted to grab some food with me?"

Alice stared at him with her wide, brown eyes. Was he asking her out on a date, or was it just two new friends hanging out without it being that big of a deal? She was not only confused, but surprised. But then, all the pieces fell back together. Either this was him actually making an effort to make new friends, or he was looking for a rebound to make him feel good about himself after he got dumped. She furrowed her brows, and her expression gave away her thoughts. "You want to go to lunch with me? L - like a date?"