↳ ii.

ii. we miss you, Barb.
I guess we could be acquaintances.

━━ ✧˖*°࿐

━━ ✧˖*°࿐

Listening to some brand new music on her Walkman, Alice hummed and moved her hips slightly to the tune, blissfully unaware of the attention she was attracting because of it. Her light blue shirt was neatly tucked into her washed denim jeans, with a white jacket around her arms. Her blonde hair were freely flowing down her shoulders, she'd put a little effort into them today. The effort being — her leaving it down instead of tying them up in a boring ponytail. She wasn't the biggest fan of styling them up, although, her hair naturally curled at the ends.

Before she started walking up the stairs to enter the school, she was stopped by an unfamiliar man - child, as she'd put it, due to his appearance — his hair looked shabby and almost touched his shoulders, he had little facial hair surrounding his pink lips that were now pulled into a smirk, and his eyes were the brightest shade of blue. His shirt was barely buttoned up, and he wore a denim jacket around it. Although, when Alice looked at him for a couple more seconds, she recognised him from the other day. He was the man who'd taken her newest friend; Max home, with the blue car. She also remembered him being awfully rude to the petite redhead. After she'd scrutinised his appearance, she spoke. "Can I help you?"

"Yes, actually," his voice was somewhat hoarse, Alice observed. "I'm new here. I was wondering if you could show me to this class?"

Alice looked down at his hand that was stuck - out with a sheet in it. She stared at the very first class and then looked back at him, her expression still pretty bland. She wasn't getting the best energy from him; his appearance was wild. "Literature. I have the same lecture. Come on." Her voice was sweet and light. She resumed climbing the stairs as a gesture for him to follow her, which he happily did.

"Could I fetch a couple of books if that's okay with you?" She dared to look straight in his eyes while saying so, trying to prove that she wasn't nearly intimidated. He nodded, his smirk not faltering. Something about his expression told her he wasn't really interested to get to the class but how he got there — and she was an amazing judge of character. He leaned on the locker next to hers as she took out a few heavy books, not taking his eyes off of her. "What's your name, sweetheart?"

That nickname alone was enough to set off her sass, as she slammed her locker shut, giving him a tight - lipped smile. "For starters, it's not sweetheart," they walked side - by - side to the room they were supposed to go to, and his smile widened. "It's Alice."

"You're not gonna ask me my name?"

"We're here." She ignored his previous question but as she went ahead to take her usual seat which was unfortunately right next to Steve's who still wasn't here, he gently grabbed her arm. She glared at it so as to gesturing for him to remove it but it stayed there, "Really nice to meet you, sweetheart."