× CHAPTER THREE ×

× CHAPTER THREE ×

• • • • • • • • • •

“Here is a pumpkin spiced latte with a white chocolate chip muffin.” Ziggy said placing the drink and treat down in front of a woman who was reading a book. “And a espresso.” Ziggy placed the coffee down in front of a man who was scrolling through his phone.

Ziggy walked back to the counter, grabbing a bottle of table cleaner and a rag, going over and wiping down dirty tables that were covered in sugar wrappers and  crumbs.

Ziggy looked at the clock and it was five minutes past the end of her shift. Ziggy went back and placed the cleaning spray and rag away, letting her co-worker take over — Ziggy took off her apron, walking into the backroom and collecting her belongings.

Ziggy walked out of the cafe and towards her car, unlocking the door and climbing inside. Ziggy drove through the town and back to the house, walking inside with a sigh.

“Hey Zig, how was your day?” Bella asked seeing Ziggy walk past her room.

“It was busy Bella — i'm exhausted.” Ziggy said walking up into her bedroom with Bella behind her. Ziggy looked in the mirror and all she saw was a exhausted, stressed, emotional, insane wreck.

“Are you alright? You look really pale.” Bella asked looking at Ziggy as she pulled her heavy winter coat off of her body.

“I don't feel the best.” Ziggy mumbled sitting down on the ground and taking a few deep breaths.

“Hey, it's alright — you are scaring me, Zig.” Bella said sitting in front of her and grabbing her hand that was freezing. "You are freezing."

“I'm scared Bella.” Ziggy said looking up at Bella with tears in her eyes. Bella was really worried at this point — she had never seen Ziggy so broken and afraid.

“It's okay Ziggy, you don't need to be afraid. I won't let anything happen to you.” Bella said pulling Ziggy forward and into her embrace as she continued to cry.