the beginning of the end

{this chapter has a trigger warning! heartbreak, rape, swearing, and abuse you have been warned} anything after this chapter won't except flashbacks but i will warn you. 

How can he do that to me, I know he doesn't know I am his mate but he will by the morning and if scares me on what he could do, i run inside my small den which lays on the outskirts of the pack territory. everyone else lives in fancy houses even the other omegas but me? nope, i live in a cave away from everyone else.

i strip out of my clothing and clean up the blood from where he raped me, this is not the first time either but so close to his birthday my wolf has already informed his wolf i am his mate, even before this happened yet i was still raped.

"mates wolf wanted him too" i hear my wolf cry in my head making me block her out and focus on the task at hand. i am not bad looking either, i have black hair that falls to my mid-back. i have green eyes that are the same colour as the forest that we live in.

i was not meant to be an omega, my mother is the pack doctor but sadly she cheated on her mate with my father, a pack Warrior named ben and i was punished for it.  

i throw on a new pair of clothing and pack a backpack for just in case he rejects me, if he doesn't i will immedly be allowed out of this hell and into the pack life since my dear mate Matthew is the Betas son.

i stretch my limbs out and head towards the packhouse, today is my mates birthday and i am as ready as i will ever be to face the day. if he accepts me i will grab my bag and move in with him and if he rejects me i will take my bag and run into no man's land to die in peace. no one can survive the rejection. both the rejected and the rejecter. i should know, i have been looking up this information since i found out he was my mate last year. to find your mate you need to turn sixteen, i am now seventeen.

i smell my mates' scent even stronger than before meaning he will now be able to sense me. i watch carefully as he rounds the corner with his mates and snarls

"i Matthew Andrewson reject you Erika white as my mate" he yells into the air before him and his friends charge at me, i feel my ribs breaking in half at their assaults, i hold back the tears as my heart feels like it has been ripped  in two, i notice Matthew lean over holding his chest in pain

"is this meant to happen" he cries as he collapses in pain, my hand covers my chest in pain

"yes, our wolves are breaking away from each other, it causes death, you signed our death dear Matthew and i am not dying near you" i cry out allowing my wolf to take over and run off as best as we can. 

the minute i see the den we push faster scooping the bag into our arms and rushing across the nearby border

"human i can't hold on much longer" my wolf cries in pain, i notice a small bush so i throw my bag into it and shift into my wolf curing in a ball

"it was nice knowing you wolife, i wish i even knew your name. i am sorry we are such a failure" i cry into my head

"the name is summer and it is not your fault human" i laugh at the wolf grin she gives me before the world turns black the last thing entering my ears is our final goodbye.