Season 1 Episode 7

Start from the beginning

I nod my head, "Yes sir."

"You are in a relationship with Derek Hale correct?" He asks looking at me skeptically.

"Yes, we are and before you go any further, no Derek is not responsible for this." I cross my arms over my chest staying calm as Derek gets his name dragged through the mud.

"Both Scott and Stiles say they otherwise." He counters.

I shake my head, "They don't like Derek. You know that. They already tried to blame him for his own sister's death. They aren't reliable."

He sighs then continues to question me about Derek for the next ten minutes.

"Do you know where Derek is right now?" He asks me looking at me pointedly.

"Sheriff I don't know. I haven't seen him since earlier today." I lie as smoothly.

His look indicates that he doesn't believe me which is to be expected. But still he walks off to one of his deputy's. "I want someone following her at all times." He tells the deputy. I sigh knowing I won't be seeing Derek much until this is resolved. I walk over to my truck, I drive back to the house with a deputy behind me the entire time.

Walking into my room, I make the decision to wait a few hours before slipping out my window to see Derek. Changing, I slide into my bed. May as well try and get some sleep.

For the first time in weeks I am sleeping alone. The space next to me where Derek normally sleeps is cold and empty causing me to toss and turn for hours unable to sleep.

Giving up I get up and change into dark clothing. I leave Max sleeping at the foot of my bed and quietly slip out the window falling onto the grass without as much of a single sound. I silently run through the woods. Keeping an eye out for any one that dare follow.

I get deeper and deeper into the woods when a cabin appears not far in the distance. A small cabin our families used as a hideout when the hunters were after us. I knock lightly on the door. After a moment the door opens revealing a tired looking Derek. He pulls me inside, shutting the door. He leans me against the door, laying his head on my shoulder. I relax into his arms taking in his scent.

Pulling back I reach lifting the front of his shirt, the wound has not healed completely yet. Derek grabs my hand interlocking them together, "Hayley, I am fine. It is almost healed."

I sigh, looking up into his eyes with worry, "I know. I just worry. You mean everything to me."

He kisses me softly, "You are my everything. I love you Hayley."

I smile wrapping my arms around him. "I love you too." I mumble against his chest.

Derek leans back quickly taking me by surprise, "I know who the alpha is."

My eyes go wide, "You do?"

"It's Scotts boss. That veterinarian Doctor Deaton." He explains with certainty.

I shake my head disagreeing, "Derek, he isn't the alpha."

He looks at me in utter disbelief, "I had him tied up in my car and he wasn't there right before I was stabbed."

"Your mom never told you I'm guessing?" He looks at me confused. I sigh, "Derek, Deaton was Talia's emissary."

He looks at me speechless, "Wait... wh... what? My mom never told me." He stutters.

"It must be an eldest child privilege. My mother only told me about Sam and Deaton not my siblings. Talia must have only told Laura." I inform him.

He sighs falling back onto the couch with a soft thump, "Well I guess finding out who the alpha is, is still on the agenda. That and me being a wanted fugitive now."

I roll my eyes, "Yep, thanks to Scott and Stiles."

I take a seat next to him. Leaning my head back and closing my eyes. He pulls me to his chest resting his hands on my stomach rubbing small circles. "Hayley, you are going to have to stay away from me until this gets cleared up. I don't want you to get arrested for aiding and abetting a fugitive."

As much as I want to fight him on that I know he is right. We can't think of just ourselves. We need to think of our baby now. "I know Der, but I swear I will do everything in my power to fix this. I refuse to let our baby grow up without their father."

Derek growls, "Never. I promised you that you wouldn't raise this baby alone and I intend to keep that promise."

I turn in his arms running my fingers softly through his hair. "I know you will." I smiles softly.

We stay in each other's arms for hours. Just before dawn I untangle myself from Derek's arms. "I have to go."

He groans, "I know."

Standing up he follows me to the door. I lean up kissing him softly, "We will get through this."

He embraces me and nods against my shoulder, "I know."

I pull out of his grip, opening the door without a look back I book it into the woods. Heading back home where I will be under watchful eyes for the days to come.