Chapter 1: The Beginning

The two princesses smiled and waved goodbye to people in the palace, such as the gardener, the maids, and the guards on their way out, through the main gates, and finally on the path towards the rest of the kingdom. They looked in awe from the Grand Bridge as the townspeople were dancing together, and gathering in little groups.

"It's like a celebration!" Leanna said as she laughed and mimicked how the townspeople were dancing, making it so that Chedelie couldn't help but smile.

"It technically IS a celebration. Even mom wants to know who were chosen so that the palace can throw some sort of ball for it," Chedelie said, grabbing her sister's hand and running down the rest of the bridge and pointing towards a stand where they were giving away cute flags for the event.

As Chedelie grabbed one for Leanna, Leanna noticed someone coming up to them.

The girl had brown hair, which looked like it had been dyed with a lighter orangish-brown color. She had a calm smile on her face and carried a basket of flowers with her, with three younger girls following right behind her.

"Hi Natalie!" Chedelie said, grabbing another flag for Natalie and handing it to her before hugging her.

"Your mom let you guys out? With all this chaos?" Natalie joked.

"Yeah I guess she wants to know who got chosen too. Maybe that's the only reason she let us go," Leanna replied.

Natalie was friends with both of them since they were little kids, and was Chedelie's best friend, so she knew how strict the palace, and their mom could be.

The girls laughed at Leanna's comment, before heading into town, where the other mystical creatures were celebrating as well. The fairies of the sky made sparkles and other particles appear, as it was the afternoon and very soon, the heroes would be chosen. The mer-folk who could use their legs danced some traditional dances while waving water in the air using their powers.

Everything looked like a rainbow that had been poured over the entire town-and Chedelie was loving every inch of it.

"Let's go! They're going to start the blessings soon!" Natalie said, nodding towards the three little girls following her.

Of the three girls were Natalie's little sister, Kyrah, and Kyrah's two best friends, Flora and Valerie. Flora was a cute girl, who enjoyed wearing her blonde hair in a side ponytail and loved making flower crowns, where as Valerie was the more calm type, and liked to keep her straight, silky violet hair down.

Blessings were arranged by the elders of the town, some who worked in churches. They were held in a nearby shrine where everyone would sit on a pillow and pray, thanking their ancestors and praying for the future generations. Natalie loved going to them, as it was common among the nature fairies' culture, so Chedelie and Leanna had promised they would go with her.

The ladies made their way through the crowds,most of busy workers, towards a forest with even more people surrounding it.

"Seems like some people are already waiting," Chedelie pointed out, noticing that some of them had brought snacks, as if they were planning to wait there the whole day.

"Some elves are here!!" Kyrah exclaimed, and her friends were beaming with joy as well.

The three older ladies smiled, remembering how they used to act the same when they were younger.

"Why didn't we bring snacks?!" Leanna complained.

"Well we're not just gonna wait here, let's go explore the town a bit more, and take advantage of those sales."

Chedelie chuckled at Natalie's statement."So it's the sales you're after now?"

Natalie proudly agreed and started walking towards a merchant selling lanterns.

The princesses looked at each other and smiled as they followed Natalie, happy that they were allowed to celebrate along with everyone else.

This is where their story truly a starts.

To Be Continued…….