𝖑𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖑 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞

Start from the beginning

renjun got the memo by jeno's expression so he just grabbed onto whatever cassette he could get ahold of, knowing that it'll be good either way because he actually has some taste.

they two left renjun's place in a haste after texting a quick message to the youngest, apologizing profusely and saying that they'll explain further when they're there.

-🌙-

jaemin was relieved when he finally got a text from at least one of them. his worries washed away quite quickly when he saw jeno's stupid amount of emojis in that one text.

he had decided against ramen and settled with a coffee instead. it may have not been his regular americano from hell, but it was enough to suffice the wait.

there was still no sight of any meteors and jaemin was starting to believe the astrologists were incorrect. yeah, he'd spoke too soon.

slowly but surely, streaks of light started to flash across the sky. a quiet gasp left his lips as his eyes widened. it was one or two streaks at first, then a whole lot of them ran across the night sky. jaemin marveled at the beautiful sight, a childlike smile growing on his lips. it was his first time actually experiencing a meteor shower and he could honestly look at this every night and never get tired.

"did you have to wait long?" arms wrapped around his shoulders from behind, and almost instantly, he leaned back into the person's touch. they're finally here.

"wait long? oh not at all!" jaemin responded, playful sarcasm dripping from every word.

"we're sorry—well, i'm sorry. i held us up just so i can bring this." renjun had taken the spot to jaemin's left, pulling out a painted on cassette player with earbuds already plugged into the jack. from the clear plastic of the lid, he could see a cassette with messily written chinese characters on it.

"i told him that we didn't need an ancient listening device, as this is the 21st century, but you know what? he didn't listen." jaemin could practically feel jeno's pout from where his head was resting comfortably on his shoulder. "resulting in us being super duper late...sorry again nana, we should've kept track of the time."

"it's alright. i understand you guys just wanted to do something special, so i'll let it slide this time. besides, the sky is quite the beauty isn't it?"

once jaemin looked up, so did the two other males. they're stares didn't stay for long because a much brighter star resides right next to them. oh, and was it ten times better to see the stars dance across jaemin's eyes than seeing them in the sky. it made the boy look even more magnificent, whimsical even.

"guys...the show is up there." the youngest murmured shyly, realizing that his two boyfriends were looking at him instead of the meteor shower they came for.

"are you sure? because i'm pretty sure the brightest star is in my arms right now." jeno said, laying a chaste kiss onto the skin of jaemin's neck.

before he could say anything, (he wasn't gonna say anything due to his rare occasional gay panic), renjun moved to were he was sitting comfortably on jaemin's lap while jeno moved to his right side for a more pleasant position. renjun then turned for a moment to plug in both earplugs into jaemin's ears, letting the soft sounding music play out.

the youngest smiled lazily, resting his chin onto renjun's head and intertwining his hand with jeno's.

jaemin was suddenly reminded to something he hasn't told the two boys yet when renjun started to gently trace over the scars on his arm. right, that. he was so pleasantly occupied with the paradise called jeno and renjun, he'd totally forgotten the untold truth.

"it was my aunt." the statement caught both boys off guard, confused at what jaemin meant by that. it seemed that jaemin knew so he continued slowly, "the scars. they were my aunt's doing. she just so happens to be those really intense christians who follow god's words to the 't' and take it even further to where it's just plain insanity." he felt both of their grips tighten, but they didn't say a word. "being in love with another man is a sin she said. but if sinning is what i have to do in order to gain two angels—hell, i'd break all of god's rules any day without a drop of hesitation."

"jaemin—"

"shh. let me enjoy being with my two angels, yeah? i'm too happy to feel sad right now."

jaemin felt content. with his heartbeat pumping at a steady pace as some sweet sounding chinese song play through his ears. with the gentle night breeze whisk around them with the accompany of the meteors traveling across the sky. and with the two boys that make his heart do flips in his chest and cheeks burn a telltale rose.

he wouldn't trade this for the whole universe.

THE END

-🍑-

wowie, it's already ended— i would say that i wrote on an impulse and didn't really think things through as seen with the spaces out updates near the second half of the story. i should really learn some restraint huh? anyways, this book was a pleasure to write as any other story i've written. it has its ups and downs but what's writing without its sudden writer's block or burst of shakespearean inspiration?

a big thanks to everyone who gave this story love, i still can't fathom that people actually enjoy what my singular braincell manages to pop out at 3am, but honestly, i appreciate it lots <3

05.04.19
11.24.19