𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊

i looked out the window, seeing the sun almost non existent. the sun had set incredibly fast tonight and i still had a quite a long walk back to the house. the rare feeling of guilt settled in my chest as i looked at his sleeping figure, leaving him so soon after i had do that to him. i knew jahseh wouldn't call jared on me, but i still felt like i need to be there versus here.

"hey," rubbing the boy on my chests, back to wake him up. he shot up from his spot, looking around the room about to cry;

"easy," i sat up as well, grabbing his attention, his shoulders visibly relaxing under my gentle hands, once his eyes had settled on me. those blonde dreads of his were sticking up every which direction. the widen of his eyes, going back to normal as he waited for me to speak, scooting closer to me. never faltering his eyes away, as he laid his head back on my care chest.

"i have to go, but i'll be back as soon as i can, okay?" he whispered a soft 'okay', letting out a soft yawn while taking the warm pillow i was laying on and stuffed it under his head as i got from underneath the blanket. i stood at the side of the bed, pulling the fallen blanket back over his body, watching his mouth fall back open to show the tiny tooth gap between his two front teeth. he subconsciously scooted to the spot that i had been previously laying in, for the warmth radiating up from the sheets.

i stood between the right side curtain opening and the bed, studying the fast asleep boy on the bed. the tattooed back of my digits drug across the freakishly prominent cheekbone, hoping to feel something that just wasn't there. i knew he wasn't there, but everything felt so... so real. he tossed a bit in his sleep, making me step away from him and out of the side curtain as he turned the other way and curled up in a ball under the comforter.

wasting no more time that i didn't already have to spare, i took long soft strides across the still creaking floor. every time the floor would creak, my face would turn up in a deeper frown as my eyes would move over to the figure on the bed, hoping he was still asleep. i grabbed the half, no good, eaten peanut butter and jelly sandwich off the ground and stuffed it all the way back in the lunch baggie, sealing the purple and blue together at the top for closure.

taking the baggie and grabbing the still lit cigarette off the chair between two fingers, that had barely been an centimeter away from having the burning part on the wooden chair, which had no doubtfully would've started a house fire. i looked around in confusion for my bag that had an ash tray in it, until i spotted it laying opened on the vanity where i never had it at. didn't have the time to think about it, i grabbed it and pulled the ash tray barely out of the opened part. sticking the end to the ceramic tray, unlighting the cigarette immediately. stuffing both the tray and sandwich in there all at once, before zipping it up. i hauled the decent sized bag onto my shoulders, walking across the room and out the door.

i shut his bedroom door behind me,  not before taking just one more look at him, he was knocked the fuck out. the sound of my shoes taking me out of the small cubical and into the hallways was all you could hear. that was until i started walking past the other doors, one by one they began to open slowly  with a creak in the hinges. i tried my best to ignore the temptation of walking into one of the rooms, the boy didn't answer me for a reason. so i left it at that as i walked down the dark stairwell and out the front door.

it was back to being anxiously cool outside, and unfortunately i didn't have a shirt on from the accident that occurred earlier. no sound could be heard coming through my eardrums, but the sound of dead leaves and grass crunching underneath my weight, nothing. the sun had completely set by now, leaving me with no light to help me find my way back. at the remembrance of leaving the flashlight on the table by the pool on the back patio, i mentally strangled myself to death. i wanted to tweak it a bit, along with adding some new batteries to it.