𝒊

|| 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒌𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒚 ||

i watched the light of a full moon shine over the top of the tall pine trees as i rode in the passenger seat down a paved road. a bottle of apple juice sitting between my legs with a pack of cigarettes straining against my right pants leg pocket.

jared, my dad, was talking about being me needing to be on my best behavior and yada yada. i honestly tuned him out when he started talking about how he still had love for my other dad, that he couldn't have got the best gift in the world, me, without him. the best part was, how he understands this trauma i'm going through.

bullshit. it was complete and udder bullshit every single word he said. he didn't love my dad, he didn't love me either, because if truly he did then he wouldn't have left us for the husband he has now six years ago, to this day exactly. we needed him and he turned his back on us, up and leaving like we were a speck of dust on his shoulder that he needed to blow off.

and now i've been forced by my dad's hand to come live with him until i'm eighteen. i won't waste a second, i will be packed the day before and ready to be gone the day of my birthday. i don't care anything about being out here, i just want my dad back.

why did he have to do this?

depression does shit to you, both of my dad's have, well had it and now mines worse the both of theirs combined. now the one dad i was actually close with is completely gone and the other one has been gone physically and emotionally for years now. it probably wouldn't be too long before i followed in my dads footsteps by killing myself, i have accepted it. i didn't want to do this anymore which made it even easier.

"jahseh's been talking about you non stop this past week, he's excited to see you. but not happy about the circumstances at all," jared sighed, i could feel him glance at me while i was still looking out the window. fuck jahseh. this is all his fault.

"fuck him," finally i gave up holding it in. jared knee damn well i didn't want to be here, i'd rather be in a foster home then anywhere near these damn wack jobs. especially jahseh.

"watch your mouth boy," i didn't say anything else the rest of the way, neither did he. the moon lit everything around it tonight, that's how i could tell that jared had lived out far and owned a hell of a lot land. there was no other house around, the road was small and there had been no other roads that led anywhere. it was just them way out here.

we pulled into a huge opening underneath two huge pine trees that hung over the road. my eyes wandered, seeing a decent sized house in the middle back by the end of the tree line. it was okay, i prefer my old house. it was small, but it felt like home, this place felt cold and negative. it unsettled me to think that this was where i would sleep, use the bathroom, and wash my ass.

i heard a clicking sound from beside me, where jared was sitting, and then a huge door in the bottom left of the house opened and we pulled in. he turned the car off and sat there, it was dawning on me that this was really happening right now.

"son, come on, i'll help you carry your things," he laid a hand on my shoulder as i stared at the dashboard. i turned my head, feeling a sinister thoughts run through me of how i would kill him and jahseh tonight the longer he touched me. shrugging him off, i got out with my apple juice in one hand.

jared got out as well, closing his door and opening the back one, i followed suit and opened the door behind mine. grabbing all my the things off that side and slamming the door. i seen jared cringe at the force i used with his, what looked like brand new, car but he didn't say one word.