Scars Never Fade Ch. 2

A/N: Hey(: Um, this might not have muchto do with scars and all that but it kinda goes with the scarred arms and murder topic. But if you think it sounds dorky or whatever and doesnt go with it well enough then its fine with me :) but dont judge because there's a crazy awesome book called To Kill A Mocking Bird- and it doesnt even have anything to do with killing a mockingbird. But you get the meaning.(:

Ch. 2

"Are you insane!?" Sasha practically yelled.

"Hush!" I hissed, putting my handing over her mouth, but just going though. She twitched. "Sorry." I crossed my arms.

"You need to be quiet." I told her. "Someone could hear us."

"You mean me." Sasha replied.

"Yeah, whatever." I said with a shrug. Just then we heard footsteps coming our way. The both of us snap our heads in the direction. People were talking and flashes lights in every direction.

"Can you keep up?" I asked Sasha.

"Well, I AM on the Track Team." she replied, then smiled.

"Good. Go!" I shout and she took off running. I followed, running side by side. But eventually I started falling back. Sasha, being a fast runner, was about 10 feet away in 20 minutes of running, her pace never slowing. It didnt matter whether I was NEXT to Sasha or not. What mattered was whether I lost her or not. If I lose her, she could get taken back home, and I dont even know where she lives. I barely know her at all.

After at least an hour of running, Sasha turned into a neighborhood and stopped to catch her breath, kneeling on the ground with her hands on her stomache.

"Thank.... Goodness...." She exhaled. A couple minutes later I wasright next to her, out of breath (if that was possible) and laying on my back.

"What took you so long?" Sasha asked and I glared at her. She laughed and stood up, looking around.

"Where are we?" She wondered aloud.I stood up, too. I scanned the familiar neighborhood and memories came flooding back into my mind. I didnt want to think about them, so I shook my head. Ignoring Sasha's comment, I walked over to a small yellow house. There was a rusty red bike laying on the walkway between the grass, leading up to the front porch.

I ran my fingers against the bike as well as I could, but my fingers went right through it. It was my little brother Darren's bike. He was 12 now. I sighed and sat on the porch.

"Okay, how come you can sit, but cant touch things?"She asked. I shrugged.

"Sitting is easier, I guess. It's just when I try to touch something, I cant. I go right through it." I replied. Sasha looked at me with sadness in her eyes and sat next to me.

"I'm sorry." She said and I smiled.

"Why?" I asked. "You didnt kill me." She shrugged, not smiling at all. She didnt look happy, she looked sad.

"Is this your house?" She asked and I nodded. I put my head in my hands. As a spirit, I can obviously do that. I dont have a body. Everyone else around me does. Sasha stood up and walked to the door. She stared a minute, then knocked.

I jumped up and tried to tackle her. "What the hell do you think you're doing!?" I shouted.

"What does it look like?" She replied. "I'm gonna tell your mother about this."

"No! She'll think you're wacko!" I told her.

"Maybe I am." Sasha said with a small smile. I could tell she was really nervous. "But you need to be able to talk to her... Kind of, anyway." The door opened and a young woman stood in the doorway. Her auburn hair was pulled back - like mine - and her blue eyes looked tired, but happy.