"Oh shut it." Arya stuck her tongue out at him.

"So childish. I'm disappointed." Joseph shook his head, placing his left hand over his gun strap. Arya shoved him lightly and they both laughed.

"Anyways," Mary cut off their banter. "I'd like to talk to Jack before we get there if you don't mind."

Arya and Jack exchanged glances and the girl shrugged.

"I'll keep her company, you two go ahead," Joseph offered.

Arya nodded in agreement and looked over to Jack who opened his mouth then closed it before nodding as well. She gave him a grin then let go of his hand, allowing Mary to lead him further towards the front of their group where they could talk in private.

For a few minutes, the two walked in silence with only the crunch of fallen leaves and rocks under their boots to accompany it. Arya thought back to the previous night where she and Jack had spent the time huddled close to each other. A small smile graced her lips as she recalled how comforting Jack's embrace had been.

"What's the dorky smile for?" Joseph poked her cheek, bringing her back to reality.

"Don't worry about it." Arya swatted at his hand as he chuckled.

"Oh?" He raised a brow, grinning. "You sure it's not because you and your lover boy shared a tent?"

Her cheeks flared with heat and she punched his shoulder harder than she intended. "Get your mind out of the gutter asshole!"

"Ow!" He rubbed his arm, laughing now. "I was just kidding!"

"Yeah right!" She punched him again.

"That was unnecessary! I didn't even do anything!"

"You were thinking about it!" A broad smile now stretched across her features.

"Was not!"

It made her laugh at how similar this was to the stupid banter she would often have with Dean (mostly over his eating habits) that usually ended with them laughing and Dean ruffling her hair which she would complain about with a glare directed at the older Winchester. She missed the Winchesters dearly. They were the closest thing to family she had besides Castiel.

Arya and Joseph continued laughing even as they felt their party's eyes staring at them before realizing that their banter may bring in monsters so they quickly quieted down to bright smiles.

"So," the brunette started, "what have you been up to?"

Joseph shrugged, tucking his left hand into his pockets while the other still rested in his gun strap. "Mainly just patrols and unloading supplies. Pretty boring compared to you and lover boy."

"Loverboy? Really?" He shrugged again and Arya rolled her eyes. "I really wish we didn't have to."

Joseph hummed in agreement. "Hopefully this'll be over soon and neither of us will."

"Hopefully."

And so they returned to silence and crunching.

Arya looked ahead at Jack and Mary to see them still talking with one another and she wondered what exactly the older woman wanted to talk about. Jack's hands made odd movements that Mary nodded at then waved her hand for him to continue talking. She assumed they were going over Jack's latest mission again.

Bringing her eyes away from the two, not wanting to seem like she was staring she glanced at Joseph. For the first time since she had met him, she really looked at his features. He had deep blue eyes with black hair to match, giving him the bad-boy-on-the-outside-soft-on-the-inside look. Her eyes then caught a flash of silver around his neck and her head tilted slightly in confusion.