Peonies

When you first started working as a courier (chef assistant) on the base, you were extremely flustered when you saw General Hux come in to do an inspection of the kitchen. You and your colleagues stood straight, barely faltering from fear, as he swiped the table with his fingers. He hummed when he saw no grime. Hux met his eyes with the head chef and patted his arm. You all let out a sigh, but unfortunately, his eyes immediately met yours. You halted, your breath still, as he slowly walked in front of you.

"You're new, are you not?"

" yes sir. I'm the new courier, y/n."

He hummed, "I've heard good things about you..."

What?

You stuttered, "I-thank you, sir....?"

You both nodded, and finally, you were able to go to your room.

Who said so?

___________________

The next day, you cooked lunch. There was a lot of chowder, pies, fresh bread, and other dishes. You hummed as you chopped some vegetables, only to hear frantic squealing from one of your colleagues.

"Oh y/n!! Seems like you have a secret admirer~"

You stopped chopping and turned your attention to your friend.

"What do you mean?"

"Look! " she passed you a single white flower that had a label attached to its stem. your name was written on the brown tag. You realised it was one of your favourite flowers: a peony.

"And they know your favourite flower!"

"But how?"

"We were talking about them yesterday at lunch..."

"Oh... "

You both said your farewells at the end of the day, heading back to your room. As your shoes clicked on the marble floor, you turned the corner, but you nearly yelped when you saw a blurry image of orange scatter past the corner.

Slowly walking to your chamber, you saw another peony lying on the ground. You blushed as you saw your name on the tag again.

I need to find who's leaving these for me.

____________________________

The number of peonies was increasing every day. You were extremely flattered, but you were starting to get annoyed when you couldn't find the person. They always left it after you finished work, which was at 12 when everyone was in bed. So, you decided to take matters into your own hands and put an end to your flustered state.

Walking up to the head chef, you asked him if it was possible to leave work at 11.

"Sorry Matt, but could I leave work early at 11? You see I-"

"Go ahead! I don't mind! Good luck finding them"

"How did you know?"

" I am wise"

He's right about that.

You left work early and stood at the corner before your chambers. Checking your watch, you waited until it was a couple of minutes before 12. You heard footsteps slowly becoming louder in front of you, so you slowly peeked your head out.

You nearly gasped as you saw Hux with two peonies in his hand.

He's my secret admirer? Well I like him, but-

You saw him slowly walking back, so you quickly called his name.

"Hux!"

You saw him freeze in fear.

"Y/n... I can explain"

"It's okay Hux..." You put a hand on his shoulder and turned him towards you. He towered over your figure and looked guilty, "I'm flattered. I-I really like you too..."

He sighed in relief, "I like you too, I was too scared to confront you though. Will you be mine?"

You smiled up to him and stroked his cheek lovingly, "of course," You giggled in delight.

"Thank the stars..." He brought a finger to your chin and dragged you into a soft but meaningful kiss.

Even after the confession, your lover didn't stop giving you peonies every day.

After all, they are a symbol of a long and happy marriage.

_____________________________

A/N: I didn't really know what to write so here's this! I forgot I had a part 2 to write for the previous imagine woops.