Afraid

"Hey! I'm talking to you!"

Can't this man stop following me...

"Oi!"

"What?!" you finally snapped, coming to a halt and swinging back around to face the insolent brat.

It was one of the officers you worked with who seemed to be on your case for a very, very long time, and you had no idea why.

"You honestly gonna talk to me like that?"

"Yes. Why shouldn't I?"

"Because I will end you."

"And why? What have I done for you to keep trying to catch my tail?"

"You are an idiot... can't you tell he likes you?"

"What?" You swore whiplash hit you. You were extremely confused now. What was he talking about?

He sighed, rolling his eyes and in a split second clamped his hand around your wrist, dragging you to somewhere.

You started to panic, flailing and trying hard to stop both of you from moving.

"Get off me!"

"Not after I deal with this."

"With what?"

"Shut up. Go and speak to him now, he's going crazy with how much his Assistant has messed up the files."

He pushed you into Hux's office in one swoop after he opened the door, and you could hear his frantic running growing distant after the doors closed. 

You looked at the floor, seeming too afraid to look up to see Hux's expression.

Unfortunately, he was right in front of you in a mere second, silent for what seemed like an eternity, only for him to bring a gloved finger under your chin, locking his eyes with yours.

"What are you doing here? Are you okay?"

"Why am I here? " you muttered to yourself, "I'm here to help you out with the files that were messed up. Are you... okay?"

You could see his gaze turn stale, only to be dowsed in admiration for your loyalty and care.

"Well..." he sighed in annoyance, "my... ex-assistant messed up some very, very important files on a new strategy to overtake the Resistance. He misplaced them somewhere in this room. Could you help me find them?"

You were surprised. How could his now, ex-assistant, lose such important files.

"Sure! I mean... yes sir"

"No need to be so formal, y/n."

"Does that mean I can call you Armitage now?"

"...No."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Aha! Army, I found them!" you jumped in glee, waving the stack of paper above your head as you smiled towards the General.

"Army now, hmm? Told you not to call me that.  Well done for finding them."

"Sorry... sir"

"I'll allow you to call me Army here."

"Really?!"

He hummed as he slowly walked towards you. Handing the papers towards him, he didn't bat an eye as he chucked the slab onto a nearby table. 

"Army...?" you called his name in confusion. What was he-

"As long as you go on a date with me," he smirked before it fell off his face, "hold on, I'm sorry if that's too much, it's just that-"

With an eye-roll, you pulled him by his shirt and kissed him on his chin.

"Why are you so tall? Damn it..."

He chuckled at your antiques and bowed down to kiss you fully on the lips.

"I love you, Army."

"I love you too. I could get used to you calling me that."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hi guys! It's been so long since I last posted. I got some more imagines coming up now that school's going to end next week. Please do send me requests as I find it hard to come up with ideas. I also wanted to ask:

For any of you The Mummy (movie) fans out there, would you like an Ardeth Bay x Reader? I can't find any so if you'd like me to start n that I definitely will make sure to work on that more frequently.

Thanks and have a good day!

N-R