Final Boss: Akihiko Kayaba

Everyone was laying on the floor of the Boss room, paralyzed by Heathcliff's admin commands. "I honestly didn't expect you to figure it out so quickly." Heathcliff says.

"It was pretty much obvious at this point. I always had a hunch. But I could never really put my finger on it." Kirito says.

"Then tell me, what was it that caused this little suspicion?" Heathcliff asked him.

"The fact that your HP never dropped into the yellow zone before. At first I thought it was just that overly massive shield you have. But then, our duel happened. I had you in a bad spot, but that then changed in almost an instant. No normal player could do that. When I finally figured it out, I took a leap of faith and attacked you." He says.

"Hehehe... Hahahaha! Very astute observations, Kirito. So what will you do now? I am the one who trapped you all in this death game. What could you have possibly gained from this revelation?" Heathcliff asked in response.

"Heathcliff-no-Akihiko Kayaba. I challenge you. A fair duel. No strings. No admin commands." Kirito exclaims, shocking everyone. "And if I win, you will let us out."

"Oh? You couldn't beat me before. What makes you think you can beat me now? Just because I don't have admin commands, you think you have a chance? Very well. I accept your challenge. No strings attached. No admin commands. I swear." He accepts the challenge, and draws his sword. There was no need for a duel request. After all, this was to the death.

After taking battle positions, Kirito and Kayaba charge at each other, clashing swords against shield. Kirito unleashes skill after skill, trying to at least dent the massive shield that stood between him and his enemy.

The clash was fierce, and I could do nothing but lay down and watch, listening to the clashing of steel against steel. They were at each other's throats, Kirito actually managing to hit Heathcliff a couple times with his swift sword techniques. But having two swords isn't really the best defense, as Kirito had taken substantial damage himself.

Just as Kirito saw an opening, it was closed almost immediately after it had been seen. And this is without admin commands helping Heathcliff. Kirito had struck his shield for the umpteenth time, but was parried away, leaving him open. I had a bad feeling, and closed my eyes. I hear a loud slash of clothes, and a scream. But it wasn't Kirito's voice I had heard. I open my eyes, and was devastated to see Sinon had thrown herself in the way of Kayaba's sword. She falls to the ground, dying.

"Sinon!" Kirito called, and watched as she disappeared.

As she flew across the air, after getting slashed and before she hit the ground, I could see her mouthing something to him-to us. "Don't lose..." Is what she said (maybe) before she disappeared.

Kirito grits his teeth, and glares at Kayaba. "Well, this is unexpected. I didn't think she could break through the paralysis like that." Says the older male, but he was soon met with a sword cut to his cheek. If he had really let his guard down, Kirito would've ended him right then and there. "Are you angry? It sure seems like that." He continues to taunt his opponent, but Kirito continues his fierce series of attacks. None connected, as they were all blocked by his massive shield.

If Sinon could break the paralysis, then so can I. Right? Right. I try my best to move, to at least lift a finger off the ground. If I can do that, then I can get myself an antidote crystal to really get rid of this status condition.

But while I was do this, I hadn't noticed that Kirito was now losing. "Letting rage control you won't grant you victory, you know." Heathcliff continues his taunting, and parries another attack, finally stabbing his long sword through Kirito's body. He was about to strike back, but his HP dropped to zero before he could.