Chapter 9 {Loving Her}

"You were scared of me?"

"No..." I look down at the ground as tears fill my eyes. I wanted to run right now, the urge to lift my feet and take off down the sidewalk was almost too much to ignore but I did and I knew that now was the time to lay it all on the line. "I was scared...I was scared of that feeling I get in my stomach whenever you're around; the fluttering that makes me never want to let you go...the sadness I get in my heart every time you leave and sometimes it's so much I find myself crying tears I didn't even realize were building until they were streaming down my face....and the breath you take from me every time you give me that look...kind of like the one you're giving me right now."

I take a deep breath after pouring my heart out right there on the sidewalk only to find a large smile had been forming on his face with every word I spoke. He takes my hands and gently pulls me closer to his chest before whispering softly and making my heart beat rapidly.

"You don't think I'm scared? You don't think all those things that you feel for me are the exact same things I feel for you? The fluttering? ...Every time you walk into a room." 

He smiles and leans his head down closer to mine, making all those doubt and worry's fade into the air around us. 

"The loss of breath? ...Every time you flash one of those jaw dropping smiles that seem to make even my worst days worth getting up in the morning." 

He gently places his hands against either side of my face and leans closer to me as his lips just barely graze mine; causing shivers all down my spine.

"The sadness? ...I only have sadness when we are apart. I have sadness on days like this when you can't see that the best part of my life is only every moment spent with you. The fluttering? The loss of breath? Those things are scary, I know, but what if I promise you that every time you feel your heart skip a beat or your breath escapes you, all you have to do is look at me and know in your heart that I feel all of that and more because your heart is safe...and mine is yours."

I can feel the truth in his words running through every vein in my body and I know in my heart he means what he's saying. Steven had been my everything for so long and the one I pinned for through all of high school but here he was, pouring his heart out and promising to be mine forevermore. It didn't take but one small step forward for my lips to connect with his and the feeling of complete bliss took over my body like it had the night before. When he kissed me I knew he no longer saw me as that bratty kid, I knew he desired me even more than all those other girl he used to bring home and the look he gave me just before we finally made love was proof that he respected me far more than anyone on this earth. He was the one I turned to when I was younger and nothing's changed except the way he sees me and the bliss of being this close. 

I love how he looks at me and I love the fact that he always seems to be watching out for me. I love him more than anything, always have...always will.

~TheEnd~

(...or not...please continue clicking ;)