Chapter 13

Draco had looked around when Harry left, looking for something to do. His eyes spotted a book, and he picked it up, fully intending to read it. He had recognized the cover and knew it was Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare. He just adored the Friar because he never actually lied. Clearly Shakespeare went to Hogwarts and knew about the House qualities.

He saw Harry standing there, looking slightly awkward and out-of-place, kind of like a lost puppy. He looked back at the book, trying to hide the hope he knew was shining in his eyes, since he figured that the brunet hadn't been able to make up his mind in that short a time.

"Draco?" He looked up immediately, not worrying about the hope that drained from his face, quickly becoming concern when he was met by a worried expression. "I...I'll do it." Draco's mouth gaped; he hadn't expected him to accept, no matter how much the blond had wanted him to.

The fact that he had everything he could ever want right there, his eyes started to tear up. Not crying was one of his strong suits and apparently once he started, he couldn't stop.

Tears coursed down his cheeks, and he didn't even bother trying to make them desist. Harry reached over and dried his face, wiping the liquid away softly. He looked up timidly, worried Harry would change his mind after that little display of affection. Which posed several questions to Draco.

Did Harry care for him? Obviously he cared as he stayed by his side while he was in the hospital. And that's another thing. He knew friends and even business partners sometimes visited people in the hospital...but they never usually stayed the entire time like Harry did. It shocked him and made him wonder if Harry didn't just consider him a coworker. If Harry liked him, fancied him.

He quickly decided he needed to stop thinking.

That was only accentuated by the sudden proximity of the brunet, and his eyes widened. The other man stayed like that, considering what to do, savoring the moment. Draco just wanted him to let the Gryffindor side out, but unfortunately, before he did, a Healer walked in.

"All right Mr. Malfoy, you're free to go. Come back in a month." He muttered something that Draco would have sworn was along the lines of 'if you make it that long..."

"Excuse me, what exactly do you mean by that?" Harry looked perplexed and livid all at the same time.

"I mean, he needs to come back in a month."

"No, about him possibly not making it that long. What aren't you telling us?" The Healer sighed.

"I mean that the magical community won't take kindly to their Savior having a baby with another man. Being gay is widely accepted, but they expect you to marry a beautiful woman and have ten kids in a cookie-cutter house with a gnome infestation." He walked out. "Just try to stay out of public places while he's pregnant, okay?" They quickly agreed and Draco put his head in his hands.

"Draco?" The soft voice practically begged for Draco to lift his head up, and he did. Harry was closer than he originally thought, and he was caught in pools of green, flecked with gold. "Draco, why are you upset?" He felt a tear fall.

"You...I'm not meant to have any other relationship with you other than one of hate. We're not supposed to have sex or like each other or work together or get along or train together or anything! That's not what's supposed to happen.

"You're supposed to find a beautiful, spirit-filled woman with big boobs and hips that'll give you five kids. I'm supposed to find some brainless, rich girl who doesn't know up from down and go to balls and parties. I'm supposed to be perfectly in control and you're supposed to be the one everyone looks to."

"Draco."

"I mean, I can't be with the Savior of the Wizarding World. That's not right, two opposite sides of a major war cannot work together! I mean, this isn't right to everyone else. They don't see you everyday they don't understand what makes you mad and what can cheer you up. They don't see anything that's good."