Chapter Eleven

My entourage and I went through the dresses and we shortlisted all the ones we liked and disliked, before spending hours trying them on and rejecting most. I was exhausted by the end of it, growing tired of putting on and pulling off gowns.

"Let's see the next, love." he started. I nodded and took one last look at the white silk ball gown with an open back, a high neck and long sleeves, a slit in the chest. He helped me down and I went back into the dressing room and met Greer, who helped me put on the next one.

"We've been here for hours, Greer. Were never finding one." I complained, pulling my arms through the fabric as she removed it completely.

"Hush." she scolded me. "We're finding one that we all love today. There's plenty of options and time." she said, helping me step out of the gown and hanging it back up. She handed it back to Francine -the woman who was helping us put on the dresses and putting them back- before turning to the next sparkly gown. "Right," she started. "one foot after another." she coaxed. I half smiled, obeying as I stepped into the next gown. She pulled it up my tall, slender body and helped me pull my arms through, before starting to do up buttons and tie a small corset. She adjusted until it was in place and I opened my eyes, hearing a delicate gasp.

"Woah." I said softly. Greer laughed.

The bodice was off the shoulder and had intricately woven jewels falling in a small triangle on each shoulder. It was classify low cut, exposing a little bit of cleavage but not a lot. My collarbones and chest were exposed, but it gave room for a statement necklace. The crystals that covered the entire bodice were intricately woven together, creating beautiful patterns over the front and back of the dress. It was comfortably tight and pulled in my waist, accentuating all the right places and then some. The back of the bodice was low, falling into a V, the jewels in place all around my sides and meeting at the back, becoming accentuated with the skirt, giving room for a veil. The skirt was huge, not swallowing me, but bigger than the others. It was off-white and made of a sea of tulle and chiffon. The soft material fell effortlessly from the bodice and it sparkled slightly in the dim light, tiny jewels woven into the hundreds of layers of tulle. It wasn't too puffy, but it accentuated the right places and fell in bloom at my feet. Small sections of lace were trimmed at the bottom, sparkling with little crystals and small pearls. The train was four and a half feet long, every inch shimmering in the light. It dragged behind me, making sure the attention was on me and nothing else.

"I am obsessed." I smiled, after a few moments of admiring my reflection. Greer laughed.

"Let's go show them." She helped me walk into the viewing room. I heard gasps and smiled shyly, walking towards the podium. David helped me up onto it and I stared into the mirrors, turning from side to side, watching how the jewels shimmered and how the dress fit me nearly perfectly.

"So, how do we feel, my bride?" he asked.

"Am I really looking at me right now?" I asked. He chuckled. "I feel like a princess, I love it." he smiled.

"You should, love. It's beautiful." he grinned. "You look stunning."

"Thank you." I smiled, turning around with his help.

"So, girlfriends, what do we think?" he asked.

"I love it!" Aylee squeaked. "You look so pretty." she smiled.

"Kenna?"

"I absolutley love it, you look stunning." she smiled.

"Lola?"

"You look like a real Princess." she grinned. "So beautiful."

"Greer?"

"So stunning, I love the balance, everything about it. As beautiful as the dress is, however, it's nothing compared to the smile on your face." she smiled. "You look beautiful." she smiled. I beamed back. As much as I adored my other girlfriends, Greer was my oldest and dearest friend. Her opinion mattered the most, she understood me the most. She loved and supported me the most.