"Are you and John alright?" Cameron keeps his voice low, searching Jaren's eyes.

"We're really good, Cam, I promise." Jaren keeps their eye contact to show Fitz he's telling the truth. Cameron, satisfied, makes his way to sit next to Jay.

They all sit on the couches - Eric, Jay and Cam on one and Jaren and John on the other. John rather slyly keeps a hand on Jaren's shoulder, subtly caressing it with his thumb. They turn Jaren's PS4 on, making conversation as it starts up.

"When did you get here John?" Jay asks.

"Not too long before you lot." Jaren can see John trying to keep a straight face. He loosens the scarf around his neck as he feels sweat forming.

"Smii7y, goddamn, take that thing off. I feel like I'm melting from just the sight of you." Cam fans his face exaggeratedly.

Jaren smirks. "I'm that hot, huh?" he taunts Fitz and hears Jay snigger.

"Well, yeah," Cameron returns, playing along. "If we take off our clothes it might-"

"Alright!" John loudly slaps his legs and stands up, turning to face their friends. "Anyone want anything to drink? Anything for you, you thirsty hoe, Fitz?"

"Yo uncalled for, dude," Eric chuckles. "Sodas will do, thanks."

John goes to leave but Jaren grabs his wrist. "I'll get it, John." He leaves and goes to the kitchen, needing a break from the scarf. He hears John follow behind him.

"This thing is going to make me die of heat stroke. Why'd you have to do it so hard, John?" He turns around, not expecting the blonde to be as close as he is. He backs Jaren into the corner of his kitchen counter and leans to whisper in his ear.

"That's not what you were screaming last night." Fuck. Jaren's heart stutters as he watches John fold his arms and take a step back to look at him. "Besides, what are we hiding? I don't mind if they know about this," John says, gesturing between the two of them.

Jaren stares back in surprise. "Y-you don't? You'd be okay with our friends knowing about us?"

"I mean, I want everyone to know how happy I am. And our friends are a big part of our lives so I want them to know. That is, if you're comfortable with it," John mumbles, looking to the ground.

Jaren grins and tears the scarf away from his neck. "Believe me, I'm more than comfortable. I think they know I like guys anyway. It's you they don't know about. They may be dicks but they're good at heart." They grab the sodas and make their way back to the living room, both holding their breath.

They round the corner and all three pairs of eyes belonging to their friends go from John, walking in front, to Jaren, to Jaren's neck.

"Holy-"

"Fucking-"

"Shit."

Jaren giggles slightly as he hands them the sodas, each limply taking a can, eyes glued to Jaren's neck.

"Smii7y, what the fuck? Did Kieran do that to you?" Jay queries, eyes wide.

"Nope."

"Then who?"

Jaren says nothing and instead looks to John, who grins sheepishly at their friends.

"Me."

Swagger bursts into laughter. "Right," he mocks. "'Course you did. Next you'll be telling me you and Smii7y are actually together." Eric is the only one still talking and Jaren notices Jay and Cameron quieten as they realise that the two aren't lying.

John looks incredulously at Eric. "That's exactly the truth, Swagger."

"I don't believe you. Nice joke."

Jaren can see John clench his fists slightly and places a hand on his back to calm him. He watches him relax and take a breath.

"Eric. If it was a joke, would I do this?" He turns to Jaren and grabs his face. Before the smaller man can protest, John's lips are on his. He goes to push him away but realises there's no point in trying to overpower John. So he kisses him back.

The kiss is too brief for Jaren's liking but they are in front of their friends, after all. He looks at them and giggles at their stunned silence. Eric's face is beyond priceless; brown eyes wide and mouth open in a perfect 'O', he says nothing for a good ten seconds. Jay and Cam start to clap and Jaren doesn't miss the 'Finally' that quietly leaves Cam's mouth.

Swagger eventually starts to blink. "That was fucking gay."

Jaren and John can only laugh at his statement. He's not wrong; they're pretty gay for each other. He pecks John's lips and is rewarded with insincere complaints of 'Ew, we don't need any more of that, dude!"

They both laugh at the squirming men, who also cannot hide the smiles that appear on their faces, happy for the two. Jaren knows they mean well.

Hours later, he turns to John as the others are playing a game and rests his chin on his shoulder, whispering "I love you."

John's green eyes lock onto Jaren's brown ones before he lowers them to his lover's lips, where they linger before he closes the small distance between them and kisses the brunette tenderly. "I love you."

And Jaren knows he's telling the truth. Barely a week ago he would have questioned it but now, having experienced what he had yesterday and today and listening to what John had to say, he doesn't doubt for a second that John really does love him. He couldn't be happier and for once all is right in his life with John beside him. He wouldn't change him for the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hate endings so much. They're so hard to write but I feel like I've done these two idiots justice and left enough for your imagination to do as it pleases. I hope you feel the same.

I've started writing an Ohmtoonz and H2OVanoss combined fic that will be published as soon as I finish writing it. It's probably going to be a bit more physical than this one, if you catch my drift ;) so check that out if you're interested. Don't feel pressured to!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for reading 'You'. It's been a hell of a ride and I'm really grateful for the reads, comments and votes. Reading your motivating and funny comments makes this so rewarding.

I love you all <3

~LC