36 | escape

'thirty-six

mark shoved everything he could into his duffel bag, which although was half his size, was proving to be too small for everything he needed.

he couldn't bear to stay in his house any longer. his father was too close-minded, and his mother secretly despised his choice too, even if she didn't say much. mark heard them behind closed doors, and that in itself pushed him over the edge.

"damn, i have to leave my straightener..." he stressfully ran a hand through his hair, suddenly being unable to distinguish between what he wanted to take and what he actually needed.

he eventually zipped up the duffel and slung it over his shoulder. he grabbed a black cap and walked out of his room into his parents'. he reached for his father's wallet, which lay on the dressing table, and grabbed as many bills as he could before quietly walking out.

mark placed his mask over his face before leaving the house, sighing in the chilly september air. he strode over to haechan's house, dropped his bag onto the grass, and hoisted himself up the balcony of the building onto the sill of haechan's room.

he knocked on the glass of the dimly lit room twice, and he couldn't help but smile as haechan threw the curtains apart with wide eyes and pulled open the window.

"mark, what are you—" he paused as he watched mark swing his leg over and stumble inside before grabbing haechan's collar and kissing him hard. his face was warm, akin to his room, and mark felt the heat wrap around him, as if welcoming him. he didn't want to leave.

haechan pulled away and looked into his eyes with a chuckle. "your face is so cold. you're lucky you're a good kisser."

"i missed you so fucking much," mark mumbled, taking his cap off and pushing his fringe back as he sat down on haechan's bed. the latter closed the window and drew the curtains before turning back to look at mark.

"tell me what's wrong," haechan said, sitting down next to him.

"i don't want you to talk me out of this, because i already know how shitty my decision is," mark sighed. "i'm running away from home."

haechan's heart dropped, yet he stayed quiet, registering the information. he didn't want to be the reason mark became homeless.

"i think i've got it planned out, but..." mark rubbed his face. "i just needed to get out of there. it's hell at home, hyuck."

"i know it is," he muttered, reaching up to brush mark's hair with his fingers. mark wasn't an idiot. he could get through anything, and haechan knew that better than anyone else.

"do it," he finally said, making the older boy look at him.

"really? you're not mad?"

"why should i be?" haechan asked. "no-one's having it tougher than you are, and you know what you're doing. but stay with me for a few days, just until we figure out what to do with you."

"my parents will find me in an instant," he sighed. "i really want to stay, but that's the last thing i need."

haechan frowned, pulling off mark's jacket. "where's your bag?"

"outside," he shrugged. "i'll grab it later."

"fine," haechan said. "then at least stay till dawn."

mark looked at him and smirked, throwing the jacket onto the ground. "only because you're begging."

haechan giggled, unable to reply as mark gently pushed him onto the bed, crawling on top of him and leaning into his neck. haechan's head fell back as he closed his eyes, his fists scrunching up mark's shirt as he felt his soft lips on his collarbone. mark grinded down against him as haechan muffled his groans with his hand.

mark never wanted to let haechan go, not physically nor emotionally. he couldn't.

a | n :

happy new year! nct 2020 here we go 😳