14~Smitten

*We're horrible. We know. It's been forever since we posted our last chapter. Shameeee! Anywhoozles, hope you enjoy this chapter. :D -Annoelle <3

AUTHOR'S POV

It'd been four days since the incident; two since Doug Samuels filled his promise and had a restraining order filed against Bryce Brigan for his niece; and one day since the notice of this order was sent to John Crow Highschool. Today was Friday. The envelope had just arrived and it sat neatly atop the stack of the school's mail, ready to be opened.

When Bryce had woken up that morning with his cheek still sore and recovering, he never would have dreamed that anyone at school would ever knowabout what had gone on in that room Monday night. If word got out, he'd be labeled as a rapist or a sex fiend by his peers. Four years of building up his image and chance at a full-ride scholarship to his dream college for basketball would be trashed. They won't say anything. This is what Bryce had been telling himself all week. His silent prayer was constant.

Any point he was within Renna's, Elliot's, Jennifer's, or even Josh's presence, he'd acted like a kicked puppy with its tail curled between its legs, hoping that they'd keep their mouths shut. They just can't let anyone else know. He worried so much, he felt like he was going insane. He knew he had to get over his anxiety soon because it was beginning to affect his game. He could barely focus during basketball practice. His team would start to notice that something was wrong with their captain.

However, today was Friday. He awoke feeling exhausted from worrying, but ready to try and move on. They had a game tonight against the school's all-time rivals. This is just what Bryce needed to get his mind off all the chaos. For the first time in days, a genuine smile spread across his face. For him, today would be better he thought.

"Bryce Bartholomeu Brigan, get your ass down here right now!" Bryce's mother, Candice, bellowed from the bottom of the stairs. Bryce's face contorted into an expression of sheet fear. He hadn't told his parents about what had happened Monday night at the party. They thought the bruise was from an elbow to the face during a game of "streetball," as he'd called it.

Bryce was scared. They couldn't possibly know. Could they? No. He gave himself false assurance as he donned a mask of annoyance while making his way down the steps.

He took in the seen of his parents. His mother sat on a stool hunched over with her elbows on the kitchen counter and her hands gripping at the roots of her blonde hair. His father, George, sat at the breakfast table clenching a piece of paper with both hands, shaking. His face was twisted into a horrific scowl and the vein at his temple throbbed as if it were going to pop. Both his parents seemed to take on a red hue.

He gulped. "What did I do?" His voice was close to a whisper.

His father exploded in response, finally tearing his gaze away from the paper to unleash his fury on Bryce. "Explain to me why I'm receiving in my mailbox a restraining order filed against my son because of-- because of--"

"Don't say it, George!" Candice interjected shaking her head.

"Shut up, Candice! Let me ask him!" He reverted his frightening glare back at his son. "Bryce, can you tell me why this here sheet of paper, " he pointed, "informs us that you are not legally allowed to come within 200 feet of a young woman because... because you sexually assaulted her?!"

Bryce's jaw went slack. They won't say anything. Stupid, how could they not?

>>>>>

RENNA'S POV

It was 12:26, the beginning of lunch hour. I'd been looking at my phone when I spotted him. I'd been avoiding him all week. Desperately trying to forget his smell, his touch, the feel of his lips, and failing miserably. It was like he was inescapeable. Everywhere I looked there was something that reminded me of him...