Chapter 31: Sick day

Peter's POV

I woke up that Monday feeling absolutely terrible. It was around 6:00 when I checked my clock. What am I to do? May has a long shift today, and I can't ask her to take off. I guess I'll just go back to the apartment and hang out there until this cools off.

I hear a knock on the door.

"Come in." I say as it comes out raspier than intended.

"Hey kiddo." Dad says as he walks in, wearing a full suit.

"Hey dad." I say trying to put on a smile but failing.

"Oh kiddo, you don't look so good." He says as he walks over and feels my forehead. His cool hand feels nice against my hot forehead.

"Oooh." I say as I take in the cold.

"Gosh kid, you're burning up." He says as I shrug.

"It's fine, I was just gonna go back to May's and stay there for the day." I say as he rolls his eyes.

"No way, you have to stay here. I know that she has a long shift today and there would be no one there to watch you." He says back.

"But you probably have a meeting today, and if you're busy that means that moms busy." I say back as he smiles when I call Pepper mom.

"I'll take off." He says as I roll my eyes.

"No way, you can't cancel another meeting for me. My conscience can't take it." I say as he chuckles a bit.

"But there is no one else to watch you, the only other people here are Thor and his brother. Everyone else is down at the compound." He says as I shrug.

"Well I can stay here then. I don't need someone to watch me all of the time." I say as he playfully rolls his eyes.

"Well.." He says before I hit his arm playfully, causing us both to laugh.

"Fine, I won't skip my meetings today. But imma tell Thor that you're sick. It seems that he likes you. I don't know how much he can help but it wouldn't hurt to have him make sure you're not dead every hour or so." He says with a small smile.

"Alright, well, have a good day today." I say back with a little grin as he leans in an gives me a small kiss on the forehead.

"I will kiddo." He says as he walks towards the door.

He stands in the doorway for a second and gives me a smile.

"Get better kiddo, I love you." He says as I smile from ear to ear.

"I love you too, dad." I say back as he leaves just before a huge smile appears on his face. I'm so glad that I get to say that.

After around an hour of me playing on my phone I decide to get up and finally take a shower.

So I pick out some clothes, sweatpants and hoodie of course, and head to my bathroom.

I hop in the shower and immediately regret making it hot. Though it's probably better for me to take a hot shower, I make it cold to fight my rising temperature.

After taking a long shower and changing into my comfy clothes I sit down on the edge of my bed and pick up my phone.

I see a couple of texts from Ned and one from MJ, all of them basically saying "Where are you?"

I send them both a text saying "I'm sick today, I don't know if I'll be back tomorrow either. Sorry :(" 

I get up and make my way to the kitchen, I'm thinking soup. Well, breakfast soup. Ok fine cereal. I want cereal.