Chapter 2: Dad

Skip: Forward to that Thursday.

Peter Parker's POV

This week has been a pretty good, Flash has seemed to leave me alone for the most part, just a little push here or there. And today we have decathlon practice. Then I get to go to Mr. Starks for a bit tomorrow, to work on some projects. I also have aced all of my tests this week! It's been great. Mr. Moras, the decathlon teacher, also told us on Thursday that he has some exciting news for the decathlon team! I wonder what it is?

After a quick and not-so painful day at school, it was finally time for decathlon practice. Ned and I have been bugging MJ all week but she wouldn't budge and tell us the surprise. "I swear I don't know, and if I did I wouldn't tell you." She said.

After practice Mr. Moras asks everyone to huddle up.

"All right everyone I know that you have been very excited and anxious for me to tell you the surprise that I have for you in store. Well I got us a school trip for next Monday!" Mr. Moras said.

"Where is the trip?" Almost everyone said in unison, except MJ, she was nose deep in a book and honestly couldn't care less.

"Do you want it to be a surprise or do you want to know now?" He said with a little too much enthusiasm in my opinion.

Around half the class wanted it to be a surprise and half wanted to know now. Both sides glared at each other for disagreeing.

"Ok, I guess we will have to settle this in a civil way then?" He said thinking to him self.

"How about you flip a coin." MJ said without looking up from her book.

"Alright." Mr. Moras said while pulling quarter out of is pocket, "Heads I tell you, tails I don't."

Mr. Moras flips this coin, he then catches it and slaps it on his arm. All of the students eyes are wide with excitement. He looks at the coin and says "It's tails." He says, almost sounding disappointed. "I guess you guys have to wait to find out."

A mix of "awww"'s and "Yay"'s go through the team. Though some wanted to be surprised they still where very excited to find out.

Just as Peter is trying to walk to get his permission slip the teacher pulls him aside. "Mr. Parker I'm sorry but you won't be able to go on this trip."

"Why?" I say quickly.

"You do not meet the required attendance to go on this trip, I apologize peter."

"It's all right Mr. Moras, I understand." I say, not really caring either way.

"Well on the bright side you get to stay home on Monday because either way you get the whole day off if you are on the decathlon team." Mr. Moras says.

"That's awesome Mr. Moras! Thanks!"

"Oh it's no problem Peter now go enjoy you night."

——— time skip to Friday night

"Hey Mr.-" I start

"Ah, no no no. I thought I finally got you off that. Please Underoos, call me Tony." He cuts me off with annoyance that I know isn't actually there.

"Right, Tony, sorry. So what are we working on today, Tony?"

"We I was hoping we could finally finish up the nano tech, I worked on it a bit while you were gone but I was hoping that we could work on it together." He says with a small smirk, barely noticeable.

"That's sounds awesome, I was thinking about it at school today." I say. I can't believe he waited for me! Oh my gosh I can't wait to work on it.

"Speaking of school, how was it. And how's decathlon practice?" Tony asks, trying not to sound to eager to hear him talk. Though Peter doesn't know it, it's definitely Tony's highlight of the week to get to hear him talk about school every Friday.

"It's all right, it's actually been a pretty good week. I've done good on all of tests and have had very minimal homework. And my decathlon team is taking a mystery trip to somewhere on Monday, though no one knows where." I say sounding very deflated when talking about the trip.

"Don't get too excited over there." He mocked

"Well I don't get to go since I don't have good enough attendance. So I'm just gonna have to stay home on Monday."

"Oh I'm sorry Bambi. Hey I've got an idea!" His eyes light up when he says it, "How about you stay here this weekend and then you can stay here on Monday!"

"That sounds awesome Tony! Thank you!" I say running over to give him a hug.

"Oof, it's no problem kid, I'll call May and tell her. I have a meeting that day, hopefully it won't last all day. You can stay up here or you can go down and help out other interns. They all seem to love you."

"That's sounds great, I'll probably end up working with Angela and Justin. They are working on this really cool project..." I end up rambling on about their project while me and Tony work on ours.

——— Time skip to 9:30

Tony's POV

I finally check the clock and realize that it's 9:30. The kid hasn't eaten and with his fast metabolism I know his stomach is probably eating itself.

"Hey Pete it's getting pretty late and think it's about time we head up."

"Aw, can't we stay we a little longer. I'm not even tired and we are so close to being done." Peter begs putting on those adorable brown puppy dog eyes. It's hard to resist but the kid needs sleep.

"Come on kid, you need to eat and get to bed. Normal kids your age need a lot of food already and with your fast metabolism I know that your stomach is probably eating itself right now. And you need to get at least seven hours of sleep." 'Gosh I sound like a dad. It's alright because he's basically my kid. I hope he feels the same way. No, he probably doesn't' I think to myself

"Alright dad" He says in a mocking tone.

"Really, dad?" I ask in a sarcastic tone hoping he won't see right through me.

"Yes, really, you sounded like a total dad." Peter says while washing the oil off his hands. "I mean come on, you are basically my dad."

My heart flutters, that's my kid. He is my kid. "Damn straight." I say.

Once we both got into the elevator I finally say what's on my mind, "You know I could get used to you calling me dad." I said hopefully but trying not to pressure him into it.

"Really!" He says staring at me with his big doe eyes.

"Only if you feel like it Bambi."

"Of course I feel like it, dad" Peter says with a huge grin on his face.

We ended up the night by eating pizza and watching Star Wars: the last Jedi. The weekend after was also amazing.

———————
1192 words! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, I am still trying to decide on what length I want the chapters to be, I'll most likely just type till something feels right. ♥️ djdjdjdmxkc bye