Chapter 32: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

Start from the beginning

"Lady Tsunade, there is more than my life on the line if they think I've betrayed them." It was silent then as I mulled it over but slowly I offered my hand.

"It's a deal. You will be paid once the threat is eliminated" Rin stared at my hand but finally took it giving it a firm shake.

"Pleasure doing business with you, now if you'll excuse me I have work to do" She took her Katana from my desk and slid it into her belt. She winked at me before backing into the shadows and suddenly her presence vanished. I turned back to look out the window. I hope this was the right decision.

Rin

I did what I could to take the blame of Shikamaru and Kakashi. I was just hoping Lady Tsunade bought it. Regardless now wasn't the time for doubt. I could see the lightning flickering in the distance but could feel the heavy vibrations coming from near the main gate. They needed more help there. I ran over the roof-tops and jumped down onto a pile of debris as I surveyed the scene. Tsunade wasn't kidding when she said, undead ninja. I looked over them analyzing the jutsu, there were thousands so it was a basic reanimation jutsu. Nothing like Orochimaru's Edo Tensei. These things were mindless, programmed just to attack.

"Where are the reinforcements!?" I glanced towards Choji and smirked I guess this was my cue. I pushed of the debris and jumped into the air forming fast hand signs.

"Ninja art dark style shadow poison darts!" I thrust my hands forward as the dark chakra spread from my hands and into the hair forming into fine needles. They shot forward taking out a group coming straight from the gate. I landed on the ground and drew my Katana then released a breath.

"Chidori stream!" I slammed my Katana into the ground and felt the lightning spark off my skin before it shot through the ground. I closed my eyes focusing on the main points and avoiding the living. I held it until I felt a large enough distance between us and the oncoming group before pulling my Katana from the ground and sliding it back into my belt. I released a heavy breath and grinned.

"Well that was fun" I nearly fell over when a hand shoved me forward and my arms were pulled behind me as I landed on my knees.

"What the hell is your problem!?"

"Taking advantage of a time like this to escape is pathetic. I expected more from an Uchiha"

"I'm not escaping you idiot, Lady Tsunade sent me!" I shouted back and felt their grip loosen. I pulled back my arms and stood up facing the culprit and sighed.

"Seriously Genma if I wanted to escape I would have aimed for you guys" He sighed.

"Alright fine do you have a plan?"

"I need more time to analyze the jutsu, find the source. There's still more coming and they'll be coming from whoever cast this"

"So you don't have a plan?" I sighed as I put my hands together.

"My plan is to wait for Shikamaru then get my bounty for the morons who did this. So if you want to live I suggest you put on your big boy pants, suck it up and stop making leaf shinobi look so bad" I heard a muffled snicker as I began the hand signs.

"Ninja art fire style fireball jutsu!"

=====================================================================

I had dropped down to hand to hand to combat in hopes of sparing to chakra to kill off one of my targets. I had to assume at least one was dead considering the barrier had fallen. Shikamaru had finally come to join the party and now we were waiting on his cue to knock out the rest of these.

"Alright Kiba!"

"Wait a second!" I shouted and felt their eyes on me.

"What is it?"

"The chakra is gone" I replied as the undead shinobi began to disappear. I put a hand on my hip and sighed, make that two were dead already. Talk about taking the fun out of a mission.

"What's going on?"

"The user is dead" I replied with a slight frown as they began to celebrate.

"This isn't over there's a much bigger jutsu coming, Konohamaru said they had a way to toast the whole village" I turned back facing Shikamaru.

"What kind of jutsu?"

"We're not sure" I sighed as I rested a hand on my Katana.

"What are you thinking?"

"That I'm going to kill the idiot that started this."

"You know him?"

"The leader of the four, Furido." I replied and met his gaze.

"Can you take him?" He asked and I nodded.

"I'll do whatever it takes"

====================================================================

The lightning over the building had vanished. It had taken me some time to get a lock on Furido. Now I was running through the forest straight to him. I jumped to the ground ready to pick up the pace when a hand caught my arm. I turned drawing my katana only to have it blocked by another.

"A little slow"

"I-Itachi" I pushed back on his blade and jumped back a few paces.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"Ai and Hidou said you had been captured"

"They let me go as long as I stop the attack on the village. My targets, they're the ones causing this." I explained and he sighed.

"You're not leaving then?"

"Not until I..." I stopped then as I felt a familiar pull in the gut of my stomach and sudden jolt through my head. I flinched slightly and Itachi caught my arms as I fell forward.

"Rin..." I closed my eyes as a flash of red chakra blinded my vision. It took a second for me to focus and I placed a firm hand on Itachi's chest.

"The nine tails" I breathed and he stared down at me.

"What?"

"Can't you sense it?" He seemed ready to object until a scream filled the air. We both turned as red chakra erupted into the sky.

"Now I can" He replied and I pushed him back.

"You can't expect me to just run, you might not care about the village but I do." He sighed as he looked down at me.

"Your sharingan"

"What about it?" I asked.

"It can control the tailed beasts"

"I can't..."

"If you want to save the village you have no choice, now make it quick." I sighed as pushed back my hair.

"Alright, go pick up the bodies of the others then and I'll meet you outside the gates." I replied before taking off. I felt a nervous churn in my stomach. Just how exactly could my sharingan control that thing?